Last night I used my Coastal Scents 78-color eyeshadow/blush palette to create a smokey eye and then I thought, why not throw on some false eyelashes? It was the perfect opportunity to do a tutorial, which I've been asked about for quite awhile now. As I said in the video, what works for me in terms of applying false lashes may not work for you, but perhaps this video will give you a few tips. I used Andrea Modlash #53 lashes, along with Duo dark tone waterproof lash adhesive (it looks grey but dries black)... I find both of those items at Walgreens :D
As for the eye look I'm sporting in this tutorial- It's a six-step smokey eye- using the Coastal Scents 78-color eyeshadow/blush palette. I love how pigmented the colors in this palette are! Amazing color payoff. I'm so excited- I've ordered the 88-color shimmer palette... should be arriving soon! :D
(prep work: prime lids- I use Mary Kay eye primer. For added intensity, use a cream color base, I like NYX Jumbo pencil in Pots & Pans, a metallic silver shade)
1. With eyeshadow brush, apply metallic silver shade on inner half of the lid
2. Apply matte taupe/grey shade on outer half of the lid, overlapping and blending with the silver
3. With crease brush, apply charcoal grey shade all over crease
4. With a fine crease brush, lightly and carefully blend matte black shade in the outer portion of the crease to add intensity. (this shade can be difficult to blend, so only get a small amoung on your brush)
5. With a regular crease brush- get a small amount of the matte burgundy shade on the brush and lightly create a halo of color on the border of the charcoal grey you already applied to the crease. This adds warmth to the look and blends easily with step #6...
6. Use the shimmery pink highlight shade under the arch of brow. lighly overlap with burgundy shade for a seamless blend of the colors.
*Additional steps: I used Revlon colorstay liquid liner in black on my top lashline, widening toward the outer portion of the eye, and extending slightly past the natural lashline. Then use Revlon Colorstay Pencil liner in black- blend outer corner with the liquid, and line all the way across. Use liner brush to top lower liner with charcoal grey shadow. Curl lashes and apply one coat of mascara prior to applying false eyelashes- this helps everything blend seamlessly.Hope you enjoyed this tutorial/smokey eye look! Keep in mind- if you don't have the Coastal Scents palette, you can still achieve this look with shadows of similar shades. However if you are interested in this palette and other great shadow palettes, check out http://www.coastalscents.com/
Have a great day!
♥ Emily ♥