Polka Dot French Tip Nail Design!
Hey guys! I was feeling ambitious this afternoon and decided that not only would I do a french manicure, but I'd add a few bells and whistles to it as well. I didn't really have a plan going in, otherwise I might have done a video on this, but I sort of built the concept as I went. It's definitely not perfect, but it's the type of thing I might be able to improve on the more I do it. Creative nail designs are sort of new to me :) But I love how this one looks!
HOW I DID IT:
- Apply one coat (or two) of a pinky-nude french manicure shade. I used Rimmel French Manicure in French Rose
- Apply a white shade to the tips of your fingernails. Shown here- Orly white french tip
- I decided to take a sparkly pink shade- Rimmel 60 second Stars in Star Shine- and I drew a line along the border of the white french tip. To do it- I used a Loew Cornell paint brush- 4135. It came in a package and has a VERY fine tip. Found the pack at Walmart for only a few bucks. You can also find nail detail brushes at beauty supply stores like Sally's. This step also covers up uneven edges on your white french tip.
- Next I took my L.A. Colors Art Deco polish in White and made little dots along the pink line. These polishes have tiny pointed brushes, so this is fairly easy.
- Then kick back and really let this all get nice and dry. Apply a top coat, I used Sally Hansen Mega Shine since it dries so fast, but honestly, I had a little issue with the pink shade bleeding a bit if I wasn't careful. I don't know if I needed to let it dry longer, or if it was just the particular top coat I used. If there's anyone out there that does lots of nail art and knows of a good top coat that can handle going over multiple colors, let me know!
Thanks for stopping by, and have a great day!