I have a fun new challenge to tell you about! Not a contest- however a contest IS coming soon... but this is just something fun that I thought many of my viewers/readers would like to take part in. It was prompted by a message from one of my viewers- she said I should do a tutorial using only those little sponge tip applicators that come with eyeshadows- since many people don't have a huge brush collection.
Not only did I think this was a great idea, I thought I'd ask my viewers on YouTube to post video responses showing their sponge-tip looks, and for those who don't have a YouTube account- you can email a picture of your finished look, along with a list of the products used- to firstname.lastname@example.org ...then I can post those pics here on the blog so everyone can enjoy them! So I hope you'll decide to take part!
The look can be as easy or complicated as you like. Use high-end products, drugstore products, whatever. The only rule is that you use sponge tip applicators and NO brushes for the eyeshadow look.
To see how I accomplished this look with sponge tip applicators, check out my video!
YOUR SPONGE TIP LOOKS!
To get Kaylee's Look:
- Maybelline "cooling effects" shadow/liner stick in black frost used as a base
- Gold from Bustling HIP duo
- Garden Mist by Milani
- Aqua FX by Max Factor (old e/s, way past discontinued)
- Evergreen by Aveda
- Umber eyeliner by Elizabeth Arden
- Maybelline Full n' Soft + Clinique Doubling Mascara
To get Stephanie's Look:
- First i applied e.l.f's eye primer.
- then i applied e.l.f's ivory eyeshadow.
- then i applied e.l.f's pink ice over the ivory.
- then i applied e.l.f's periwinkle in the crease.
- then i blended it all out using a clean sponge tip very lightly.
- after that i applied revlon colourstay liquid eyeliner on my top lid.
- i also applied revlon colourstay on my waterline.
- last i applied covergirl lash blast in black!
To get Stephanie M's look:
- Bare Minerals- Prime Time
- Bare Minerals- Classic Rock e/s
- Jane- After Hours e/s (Part of Chicago Metallics)
- Jane- Underground e/s (Part of Chicago Metallics)
- CoverGirl- Turquoise Tempest
- Maybelline- Define-a-Line e/l Ebony Black
- L'Oreal-Telescopic Mascara Carbon Black
To get Maria's look:
- Urban decay primer
- elf all over stick pink lemonade
- Hip Flare(orange)
- Hip Flamboyant(yellow)middle
- hip Flare(orange)again
- Mark E/s Tiki(brown square pan in the picture)
- Hip Loose pigment restless for high light(I have pressed it, I don’t like loose pigments)
- Milani color brilience eye pencil uper lid green 03
- lower lashline Aqua02
- water line, prestige water proof eye liner flanel gray
- loreal felt tip liner in black on upper half lid.
- cover girl blast mascara.
To get Ashley's look:
Prime your eyes. I used Urban Decay Primer Potion. (All shadows come from Urban Decay Ammo Palette) Taking a clean sponge-tip, I applied "Sin" to the inner third of my
Taking the other side of that sponge tip, I applied "Grifter" to the middle
third, and then blended the two colors together.
Using a clean sponge, I shaped the outer corner with "Last Call", filled it
in, and swept it into my crease, then blended together "Last Call" with
Next, I tempered "Last Call" with a little bit of "Sin" to lighten to color
for a more daytime look.
I swept "Last Call" down underneath my lower lashline, on the outer third. I the added "Grifter" to the middle third on the lower lashline, and used "Sin" to finish off the lower lashline and highlight the inner corner. I used "Polyester Bride" as a browbone highlight. I applied Rimmel Exaggerate Eyeliner in Black Noir to my upper lashline and water line, curled my lashes, and used L'oreal Telescopic Clean Definition mascara.
To get Kamani's look:
- Decay Primer Potion to prime the eye
- Sephora Highlighting bronzing
(the lightest shade) from lash line to brows
- Mac Gold Spice in crease
- Max Factor 2000 Extreme Lash Plumper Mascara
To get Pouneh's look:
- here are the products i used:
- The cover girl sponge tip applicator
- Cover Girl's professional clear mascara
- NYX trio palette in TS04 (Baby Blue/ October Sky/Pacific )
- NYX single shadow in ES60 Aqua
- Too Faced Liquid- Eye shadow collection
- I Used the lightest color in trio palette in the inner corner and as brow bone highlight
- the middle to the other corner i used the color Exclusive in the too faced palette
- for the utter V i used NYX single shadow in Aqua
- and for the lower lash line i used the middle color in the trio (October sky)
- I used the color Vixen in the too faced palette to line my upper lash line using the pointed tip of the sponge
- and as always used clear mascara on my lashes