Hope you're all having a good weekend so far. If you've been watching my videos for awhile, you may have noticed that while I sometimes use liquid foundations- I've also experimented with many different brands of mineral makeup. Some of them I love, and some of them I really don't like! Sterling Minerals is on my love list. In the past I've raved about Everyday Minerals, which I also love, but sometimes I hear from those who say it's irritated their skin and they've had to discontinue use. It's worked fine for me, but I wanted to test an alternate product that claimed to be very skin friendly... so if EDM didn't work for you- maybe this would.
I really can't provide EVERYTHING there is to know about this brand here on my blog- but the Sterling Minerals website is extremely informative and will likely answer any questions you may have. They have a section called "research center" http://www.sterlingminerals.com/research-center.asp which is a great place to learn more.
According to the website: "You can enjoy a 4 in 1 money saving formula of Sunscreen, Foundation, Concealer, and Powder. Our minerals will do more than just calm and prevent irritation; they will assist in healing and repairing your skin, and will prevent flakiness, and the itchy feeling that can occur with some other brands. They are feather light on your skin and will not settle into fine lines. They will trap excess oil and retain moisture against your skin giving you a lustrous, soft, natural looking veil lasting all day until you wash them off. Colors are transfer resistant and are virtually waterproof, sweat-proof, and will hold up in high humidity."
I LOVE this blush! It's a super pigmented deep coral shade. Blends beautifully into the skin and I think this particular shade would work great on a variety of skin tones. It's like my Milani Minerals blush in Mai Tai- only a little heavier on the peach and lighter on the pink. On the Sterling Minerals website- they give descriptions with each blush saying what skin tone it would work best for- really cool!
Like many mineral makeup brands- sterling minerals also has a finishing veil meant to keep skin looking matte, fresh, and decrease the appearance of pores. I'm not sure how to describe this, but the texture on this particular product is very powdery and dry- this might be hard to comprehend- since clearly, the line of makeup is indeed made up of various powders. It's not necessarily a bad thing- but this product seemed very dry as I was touching it with my fingers- but on my face it really did add to the matte effect I was after.
- My skin did not have any adverse reactions to the products- they seemed to be very gentle and after continuous use- I felt the condition of my skin actually had improved!
- Fantastic website- loads of info about the products- including ingredients- and it's very user friendly in terms of finding the right shade.
- All the products are very easy to blend, and manage to provide good coverage yet a lightweight, non-cakey feel- this is a big deal to me.
- The foundation had great staying power for me- even after a day at work
- The blush is fantastic and I'd imagine the other shades would be equally pigmented and pretty
- The finishing veil is nice- but I'm not sure how well it would work for extremely dry skin... because it had sort of a dry, powdery feel.
- The price is obviously higher than what you'd pay at the drugstore, especially for the foundation- however if you're looking for something that caters to the health of your skin- this might be worth checking out
- There are samples available on the website- but they are not free. They're $3.50 apiece and the containers aren't necessarily filled to the brim with the product. The website says you should be given enough for 7 days worth of applications. http://www.sterlingminerals.com/samples.asp
Thanks for checking out this review everyone! Please let me know if you've tried this brand, or are planning to try it. What did you think? Once my internet is back up and running at home, I'll definitely be using this product in tutorials so you can see it in action. Have a great day!