- Foundation/Powder 36 (7%)
- Blush/Bronzer 63 (12%)
- Eyeshadow 42 (8%)
- Eyeliner 80 (15%)
- Mascara 94 (18%)
- Lipstick/Lipgloss 190 (37%)
Votes so far: 505 Poll closed
Like the majorityof you, my answer to this question was lipstick/lipgloss. If I'm in a drugstore, it seems like it's the thing I'm most likely to stock up on. However- as you've probably noticed through my videos- I tend to seek out the less expensive but surprisingly good items in ANY category of makeup. Therefore, I wanted to compile a list of some of my
CURRENT FAVORITE CHEAP MAKEUP BUYS...
These are items that I've been using a lot just recently and really loving- and they're all cheap! I also find them all to be great summer beauty products. (one in each category of the QOTW).
- Wet & Wild Bronzzer in Bali Bronze... a light dusting of this deeper shade of bronzer looks great on medium skin tones and can really enhance a tan.
- Revlon Colorstay Makeup for Combo/Oily Skin in True Beige... Yes I still love my Rimmel Lasting Finish, but I've been using this a bit more lately since my skin is a bit darker (thru self tanning) and this shade is a great match. Just wore it in major heat on a news story today at a salvage yard (glamorous, I know), but it really didn't budge. I also made a conscious effort not to touch my face- and that helps the makeup stay as well.
- Maybelline the Colossal Volum' Express Mascara in Glam Black... lately I've been experimenting with different kinds of false lashes... whether I'm going to work, going out, or whatever- I've just been playing around with them a lot. This mascara does a great job of blending the real & fake. Or if you just wear it alone, it does a decent job of adding volume. It's grown on me, because I wasn't a huge fan when I first tried it.
- Almay Eyeliner in Black... I believe this product claims to last 16 hours- that's also the claim of Revlon Colorstay products so I got this awhile back to see if it could even compare to Colorstay. I must say- it goes on more smoothly, and the staying power is practically the same as far as I can tell! I need to try it sometime without topping it with a shadow- so I can see how this truly holds up on it's own.
- Burt's Bees Lip Shimmer in Champagne... I will warn you now this does NOT have much color in it at all. It gives a sheer hint of shimmer to the lips and not much more... but I still love it! Used alone, it makes my lips more alive and pretty looking, and it's also great under a lipstick because you get that nice cooling, minty sensation that Burt's Bees glosses have.
- Cover Girl Eye Enhancers Trio in Shimmering Sands... it's one of the first shadow kits I ever owned, and i've repurchased multiple times. The shadows have improved in texture over the years, and if you want a little contouring but still want to look AWAKE- I've found this is a great pick. It helps me when I'm getting ready early in the morning because I'm tired- and these shadows don't make me look like it. They're not too dark & heavy.
♥ Emily's Journal ♥
Hey everyone! It's storming here right now! Lots of thunder, lightning, and wind. I really don't mind storms when I don't have to go outside at all- it's kind of soothing in a way. Tyler noticed I was blogging and wanted to pass along a big thank you for all of the kind messages so many of you left for him through the blog, YouTube, Facebook, or Twitter. He survived the bar exam, and while he was studying I was always passing along your good luck wishes. I am so grateful for all of you who regularly check out videos or my blog. I feel like I have a big circle of friends and the online makeup community is just incredible. Thanks for being so great!!!! :D :D