New Products I'm Trying!
Hey everyone! How's the weekend been going? Mine's been good so far! I just wanted to take a minute to let you guys know about the new products I'm testing out and will probably soon review, or include in tutorials.
- Maybelline Super Stay 24 hr. Makeup... Meet the latest long-wearing drugstore foundation! I've received dozens of requests to review this product. Some of my current favorite drugstore foundations (Revlon Colorsty & Rimmel Lasting Finish) claim to last 16 hours... this is the first time I've seen a foundation claim to last for 24 hours! Do you really want to wear a foundation that long? Is that even healthy for your skin? Probably not, but it's comforting to know that it could if you get in some sort of marathon-day situation. This foundation claims to have a "micro-flex forumula" that can withstand heat, sweat and humidity. It claims to be "zero-tranfer", oil-free, and suitable for all skin types. I will definitely let you know how this works for me! (by the way, the shade I purchased is Classic Beige).
- L'oreal Wear Infinite Eyeshadow in Milla's Blues... this isn't a new product- but I was scouring the drugstore a couple days ago to find a drugstore version of my Smashbox Glamour Eyes palette for brown eyes. I used that on Kalee when she made a guest appearance in one of my videos- and many of you asked what a drugstore version of that might be... I advised Kalee to pick up Physician's Formula Shimmer Strips shadow in Smokey Blue eyes- but this 4-pan palette seems very close to the Smashbox quad as well. I'll report back on this!
- Coastal Scents Gel Liners... these have been around for awhile but this is my first time trying them. Coastal Scents recently put out some new shades so I thought it'd be fun to give them a try. I put a few of the shades I'm trying in the picture: Stellar (sparkly charcoal), Beach Glass (teal), Flirtatious (pink), and Wicked (silver). I like that some of these colors aren't your typical liner shades, so I'll experiment with them and see how they work as an eyeshadow base. (there's a 15% off sale on these right now at http://www.coastalscents.com/ )
- Coastal Scents Loose Mineral Shadows... I'll see if these loose shadows live up to the fantastic pigmentation of the Coastal Scents palettes! As a whole, loose shadows have been kind of hit & miss for me, so we'll see if these pack a punch. Colors shown above: Flirt (pink) and Smoochie (plum).
- L'oreal Telescopic Explosion Mascara in Blackest Black... does this look familiar to anyone? It's definitely trying to be a drugstore dupe of Givenchy's Phenomen'Eyes mascara. I was intrigued by this little spherical mascara brush when that product came out, so when I saw it for 20 bucks less at the drugstore, I just had to give it a try. The smaller brush is supposed to allow you to get to your lashes easily at any angle. How well will it work? I'll test it out and let you know!
♥ Emily's Journal ♥
It's journal time once again! Is it just me or did this weekend totally fly by? I've been feeling a little under the weather lately- so that stinks. Tyler has come down with a cold and I'm catching it for sure. I'm definitely getting some good out of my hand sanitizer! ha! On the up-side... I got my November Elle yesterday! It was the strangest feeling to be standing there in Wal-Mart looking at myself in a magazine... but so cool! I bought a couple of copies, and my mom bought four LOL! Exciting stuff!
I went to the Inspiring Women Gala at SIU yesterday (you may have noticed a picture I tweeted about it). It's an event where a handful of women in southern Illinois are honored for their service and accomplishments- and then the money raised goes toward scholarships for young women who'll attend SIU next year. It's quite a fancy event! Lots of pretty outfits, good food, fancy desserts... I went with several ladies I work with at the TV station, and one of our station's managers was honored as one of the "Women of Achievement" so that was cool!
I went shopping today! I stopped by big lots and picked up a couple of cute things for my niece- has anyone seen the little $2 Martha Stewart kids craft things? They're little sets including everything you need to make puppets and barnyard animals out of felt, etc. So cute! I also went to Cato (never really go there, but given these sales- I'll definitely be going back!) They have some great shoes so I picked up some cute peep-toe heels with neat buckles and some moccasins (Thank you Kalee for exposing me to the world of adorable, faux fur-lined moccasins!) yay for shopping! :)
Have a great day everyone and thanks for stopping by my blog!