Playing with Purple- and Pup!
Hello! The face you're looking at isn't me, it's my beautiful sister Kelly a.k.a. Pup! Though we're about 15 years apart, we have a great relationship- and when we get together (like we did this past weekend) we always have a great time! I love Pup so much and I just wish we could be together more often! She's been there for me during pretty much every major moment of my life, but what's also really cool-- Pup and I can have the most fun & memorable times just goofing off! One of those times came over the weekend when Pup told me to "go nuts" and do some fun & different eye makeup! I took those words to heart, giving Pup a bold purple eye look with some of the most pigmented shades I have access to. Though it's a variation from Pup's natural beauty, I think it's bold and fun-- and she carried it off beautifully!
As you can see from the little image I created above-- I used my Creative Me palette from Coastal Scents. This is similar to the Fierce Pink & Purple look I recently did on myself, only that was heavier on pink and this is more purple. I actually shot this look with Pup as a video tutorial- but due to the way I was positioned in relation to the camera- my voice didn't pick up that well the entire way through. So enjoy the bullet points! :D
- Prime the lid with a shadow primer (I used Too Faced Shadow Insurance)
- Pack a bold matte purple shadow onto the lid, blending into the crease as well
- Deepen the crease & outer V with a rich black shadow
- Brighten the look- with a light touch, use a matte fuscia shade to blend over the outer border of your shadow look (leaving space between the shadow and the eyebrow)
- Highlight under the brow and the tear duct area with any shimmery white shade
- Line the upper lashline with a black liquid liner, and define the bottom lash line using a black shadow and an angled liner brush.
- Complete the look with mascara... or false lashes for extra drama! Pup is wearing Andrea Mod Lash #53
We had fun doing a little post-makeover photo shoot. Pup makes a gorgeous model! Here's Pup with her precious cat Bunny! (Bun has no tail).
Fun Facts about Pup!
- Pup is an incredible artist, and also teaches high school art
- The seasonal Reese's Peanut Butter products (PB eggs, pumpkins, etc.)... Pup loves them
- Pup is a fan of the band U2 and has created a number of U2 cartoon images
- Pup is a nickname that I've used for her ever since I was a small child!
- She's a wonderful cook. She's always preparing a wide range of gourmet meals!
- Pup has a loving husband named Jeff!
- My sister is incredibly smart, loves to read, and will always win at Trivial Pursuit!
- Today someone at work said, "she does art, AND she cooks too?" I responded, "She's pretty much a Renaissance woman."
Want more Pup? She talks about her artwork, cooking, and more at her blog: http://www.alizarine.typepad.com/
Thanks for stopping by!