QOTW: Lash Curling!
Hey everyone! This question of the week was very straight forward- Do you curl your eyelashes? Here are the results...
YES: 187 (54%)
Every now and then: 86 (25%)
NO: 68 (19%)
Votes so far: 341
I think curling lashes is so important! I do it everyday. Here are some random thoughts on lash curling from me...
- The ELF eyelash curler (shown above) is my all time favorite eyelash curler! And it's only $1!! You can find it on the ELF website, or at your Dollar General store... or wherever else ELF is sold where you live!
- I have 3 eyelash curlers... one sits on my makeup desk, another in my purse, and another in the makeup bag I take to work.
- I curl my lashes everyday before applying mascara- I hold it for about 10 to 15 seconds
- For the ultimate curve... hold the lash curler in place for a few seconds, then reposition the curler slightly closer to the ends of the lashes so you don't end up with one solid crimp- repeat one or two times. It's not absolutely necessary if you have super short lashes.
- A lot of people say you shouldn't curl your lashes after applying mascara. I must admit- though my primary curl comes from what I do prior to mascara application- every now and then throughout the day- for a little lift- I'll give my lashes a quick curl. Just be gentle and you shouldn't have a problem with pulling out lashes.
- Don't curl your lashes in a moving vehicle! It's just not worth it if you hit a bump!
- Don't curl your lashes around a curious cat! My cat likes to watch my mom put her makeup on, and one day he batted at her hand while she was curling her lashes... she lost a few!
- I've yet to find a "lash curling" mascara that replaces the effect of an actual eyelash curler! Some will enhance the effect, but I've tried nothing that can duplicate it.
- Some suggest heating your lash curler with a blow dryer... or even using a heated lash curler. I've actually never tried either of these methods, but I'm not against the concept. Just be careful!
If you've never curled your lashes, I challenge you to try it out! It helps the eyes look more wide awake, framed, and feminine! Many people have lashes that are so straight they practically point downward- Use a lash curler to give your face an instant "awakened" look!
♥ Emily's Journal ♥
What's up everyone! How are things going? Life has been busy for me lately- hence the lack of blogs. It seems something has been going on every weekend, and I haven't had a ton of quality time with my computer. Oh well! I tend to have these phases where work/social life/family stuff keeps me busy and then it dies down a bit.
You may have noticed this on my Twitter or Facebook... but Tyler passed the bar exam! What a load off! It took so long to get the results in, but now he can breathe a much deserved sigh of relief! This should make his job search a lot easier, thank goodness!
Let's see what else... I'm getting sort of obsessed with Jawbreakers. I love the sweet-but-not-overly-sweet flavor. In other random news- I've been a loyal viewer of yet another season of "Dancing with the Stars!" I've watched for so many seasons, I'm practically more familiar and more of a fan of the pro dancers than the actual celebrities! I remember several of them from my other favorite dancing show- "So You Think You Can Dance". Do you have any favorites on DWTS yet? I'm enjoying Chelsie & Louie Vito, Dimitry & Mya, Lacey & Mark... and the list goes on! I miss Julianne Hough this season though- she was one of my favorites! Also-- I think the makeup on DWTS is FANTASTIC. Wouldn't it be fun to be part of that process? They all get to look fun & dramatic, sometimes colorful, sometimes following a theme... and it just always turns out great! Perhaps I'll devote a whole blog post to this topic if there are enough other DWTS fans out there!
Hope you have a great day everyone! Thanks for stopping by!