- Apply a lip balm: 171 (58%)
- Apply extra body lotion: 149 (50%)
- Use a rich facial moisturizer: 149 (50%)
- Use a foot lotion: 47 (15%)
Votes so far: 294 Poll closed
Not surprisingly, many people do feel the need to layer on the moisture this time of year! I definitely answered all of the above! It's almost essential to go through these steps after a shower to really lock in moisture and keep skin looking supple and radiant. Remember that exfoliating (on face and body) is very important as well to get rid of those dead skin cells. It doesn't necessarily need to be done daily- but maybe a couple times a week (and before sunless tanning to make sure it goes on as evenly as possible). Below are some of my favorite products for each category mentioned in this "Question of the Week"...
- Cococare Cocoa Butter Lip Balm (SPF 15)... This was mentioned in one of Tyler's first videos as his favorite "beauty" product. He swears by only having to apply this before bed and his lips retain the moisture throughout the night and the next day as well! After a little of this is left on my lips from a goodnight kiss- I'm convinced it's truly a fantastic lip balm- even for those who're plagued with dry, chapped lips! It's available for only about $1 at Walgreens, and probably other drugstores too.
- Bath & Body Works Body Cream... A rich body cream as opposed to the typical lotions with thinner formulations really makes a difference! I especially love the Bath & Body Works body creams in Japanese Cherry Blossom (shown here) and Vanilla Nior. Without feeling greasy, the moisture stays with your skin, and really makes you feel hydrated! Cost is around $10 at Bath & Body Works stores (but be on the lookout for holiday sales!)
- Merlot Moonlight Radiance Night Cream... in the picture above- you're looking at the $2.99 travel size I found at my local Walgreens store. They also sell a larger full-size, which is a bit more expensive. I'd heard good things about this moisturizer with natural grape seed (and it smells like fruit loops!) I wanted to recommend a moisturizer that I thought would provide that extra jolt of hydration, without being "too much" for oily/combo skin types. If you've never tried a night cream, this might be a good option to really moisturize skin amid dry air conditions.
- Silk Bee Elan Vital Foot Moisturizer... Remember when I reviewed the all natural line of moisturizers called Silk Bee? They are wonderful- but lately I've been really loving the extra moisturizing Elan Vital Foot moisturizer. The texture is absolutely luxurious and leaves your feet feeling super soft! It's fragrance free, at costs $11 at http://www.silkbee.com/
Please keep in mind that these items worked great for me, but that's not a 100% guarantee that you'll love them too! I just wanted to pass along some items that I'm really impressed with that I hope you'll discover as well! :D Have a great day everyone!