QOTW: How Much Would You Spend on Lip Gloss?
- $5 (or less): 79 (21%)
- $10: 118 (32%)
- $15: 71 (19%)
- $20: 55 (15%)
- $25: 24 (6%)
- $30 (or more): 14 (3%)
I wasn't exactly surprised by these results. I figured there would be votes across the board in eaach category- but $10 is a pretty average price range. Between the 5 and 10 dollar mark is where you'll find many drugstore lip glosses... there are actually quite a few less than 5 bucks, and that was the second most popular answer. Since many people aren't willing to spend more than $10 for a lip gloss- I thought I'd share ten great lip glosses under ten dollars! This is a variety of really nice glosses that are in the ideal price range for many of you! Some are glosses you've heard me talk about before- and others are new to me! The products are listed below in the same order they're pictured. Please be aware- in some cases the prices are approximate, and may vary depending on where they're purchased.
10 Under $10
- Revlon Colorstay Mineral Lip Glaze in Lasting Shimmer (drugstore, $8) Shimmery, opaque peachy-golden nude. Slightly thick feel- long wearing.
- Coastal Scents Smacks in Sheer Tan (coastalscents.com, $2.95) Sheer, yet ultra shimmery golden nude. Great with a tan.
- Hard Candy Plumping Serum Lip Gloss in All American Girl (Wal-Mart, $6) Sheer, slightly plumping neutral lip gloss.
- ELF Mineral Lip Gloss in Trendsetter (eyeslipsface.com, $3) Slightly shimmery, smooth & creamy neutral gloss.
- NYX Diamond Sparkle Lip Gloss in Rose Sparkle (cherryculture.com, $4) Gorgeous pink gloss with concentrated shimmer. Nice alone or over lipstick.
- Cover Girl Wetslicks in Tutu (drugstore, $5) Light pink shimmer, nice as an accent color in the center of the lower lip for a plump appearance.
- Maybelline Volume XL Seduction Plumping Lip Gloss #115 (drugstore, $7) Fairly intense plumping tingle. Bright- but not too bright pink. Gel like formula, but not sheer.
- NYX Girls Round Lip Gloss in Amethyst (cherryculture.com, $2) Slightly metallic, medium berry shade. Texture is not sticky or sheer.
- ELF Super Glossy Lip Shine in Mauve Luxe (eyeslipsface.com, $1) Deeper berry tone containing SPF 15. A nice fall/winter shade. Not slick & slippery, yet not overly sticky.
- C.O. Bigelow Cinnamint Mentha Lip Shine (Bath & Body Works, $7.50) Great for cinnamon lovers. A clear gloss that will add life to any matte lipstick. Tasty flavor!
As you can see, my selections are a mix of shades and finishes. Hopefully these swatches (which correspond with the glosses above) give you an idea of how these will appear on the lips! Thanks for stopping by my blog, and have a great day!