Created by DAYDREAMER05 and taken 80405 times on Bzoink
|nickname(s):||Em, Chief, Poof... so many more|
|where were you born:||Burlington, Iowa|
|do you still live there:||Never did- it was the nearest hosptial|
|hair color:||Dark Brown|
|do you like it:||yes|
|what does it look like:||naturally straight, I often curl it|
|do you like it:||yes|
|contacts or glasses:||contacts|
|shoe size:||8 or 8.5|
|grade:||hmm... been out of college for a few years|
|GPA:||i'll give myself a 4.0!|
|siblings:||Kelly & Ryan|
|piercings:||2 per ear & belly button|
|scent:||cake or pie baking, cinnamon, sweet scents|
|show:||reality talent shows: American Idol, So You Think You Can Dance, also Friday Night Lights|
|candy:||can't beat a Twix bar|
|gum:||Orbitz Sweet Mint|
|drink:||anything strawberry flavored|
|food:||nachos, tacos, a good pizza|
|pizza topping:||cheese, sausage, & mushroom|
|book:||I Like You by Amy Sedaris|
|time of day:||afternoon, or morning when I'm anchoring|
|day of the week:||Friday/Saturday|
|font:||hmm... something cute|
|shampoo:||GVP Matrix Amplify|
|name:||favorite name? i'll get back to you|
|phrase:||i love you and yay!!!|
|store:||Sephora or Walgreens|
|accessory:||my wedding ring|
|channel:||3... it's the one I work for :)|
|weekend activity:||shopping/hanging out with Tyler/movies/partying|
|animal:||i like cats, bunnies, chipmunks... and more. preferably fluffy :)|
|story from childhood:||The Velveteen Rabbit|
|have you ever|
|been on a plane:||yes|
|been on a train:||yes|
|been on a bus:||yes|
|been in a taxi:||yes|
|been in a car accident:||as a very small child- not serious|
|burned something:||yes- severely burned tater tots a few months back|
|went out of the country:||no|
|broken the law:||not majorly, probably like speeding or something|
|lost something valuable:||probably|
|met a celebrity:||yes|
|cried in public:||yes|
|had a cavity:||yes|
|shopped at abercrombie and fitch:||yes|
|prank called anyone:||yes|
|fallen from a tree:||probably as a child|
|climbed a tree:||yes|
|broken a bone:||no|
|passed out:||like fainted or fallen asleep? i haven't fainted before|
|been to disney world:||no|
|made a model volcano:||haha no|
|time you cried:||don't remember exactly- probably during a recent movie|
|thing you ate:||a Boca burger|
|shoes you wore:||white wedges|
|place to live:||nice big house :)|
|car:||not sure- cars are always changing. the auto industry is a mess right now|
|what are you doing tomorrow:||working, among other things|
|meanest:||they might not want to be my friend anymore haha|
|the one you have but don't want:||huh?|
|most hyper:||that's a shared title|
|weirdest:||haha, also a shared title|
|pepsi-coke:||either if it's diet|
|gold-silver:||depends on outfit, usually silver|
|vanilla-chocolate:||vanilla ice cream, chocolate candy|
|half empty-half full:||Half full|
|sun-moon:||they're both pretty awesome|
|jeans-shorts:||at my ideal temperature (see above) either would work|
|first thing that comes to mind when you hear...|
|slippers:||pink & fuzzy|
|lawn mower:||loud noises!|
|lollypop:||i want one|
|what time is it!:||5:40|
|You've been totally Bzoink*d!|
Take This Survey Search Surveys Create a Survey
Tuesday, June 30, 2009
Sunday, June 28, 2009
Hi Everyone! I hope you're all having a nice weekend. It's been SO hot where I live, and finally today things are cooling down just a bit. Last night I was doing my nails before going out- not yet sure what I wanted to wear. So I reached for my new China Glaze nail polish in Awakening- and I'm so glad I did- it's absolutely gorgeous! I'm not sure if this will make any sense: but when it goes on your nails it looks the very same as it does in the bottle- which tends to be different in every light. The color can look anywhere from mauve to magenta- while always giving a gorgeous, almost metallic golden undertone. So it complimented any number of outfits I'd pick out.
- Variety of shades... like the one featured in this blog, some of the China Glaze colors are so unique- you just wouldn't find them from another brand.
- Sometimes it only takes one coat... with certain shades you can totally get by with one coat
- It goes on so smooth! No streaky finish- it always ends up looking creamy & beautiful!
- Long-lasting... in my experience, these polishes maintain a fresh appearance and it takes quite awhile for them to start chipping. Obviously if I'm having an especially active week I can expect some premature chipping, but overall I think China Glaze can outlast most other polishes.
Wednesday, June 24, 2009
Sunday, June 21, 2009
Hey everyone! I recently posted this video of my TV news makeup routine- basically what I do every morning to get ready for the show I anchor! If you'd like to see a listing of all the products used, just look at the sidebar information on the YouTube page. It's quite a long video, but I wanted to make sure I explained why I sometimes do things differently for TV news makeup.
After posting it, I thought it would be cool to collect your questions about TV news broadcasting- whether it applies to the profession, makeup, education, or anything at all news-related-- and then I can compile them and respond to them either in a blog or a video. You can ask your questions as a comment to this blog, or email them to email@example.com. I know quite a few of you are interested in getting in to this field, so I'd love to hear from you, or others who are just curious. Thanks in advance for offering up your questions- and I hope you all have a great week!
Wednesday, June 17, 2009
Hey everyone! Summer is almost officially here so I thought I'd give you some of my current favorite makeup items to kick-off the season. Best of all- they're all super affordable! (And they're great for any season- not just summertime!) I'll describe them each below... sort of going top row, then bottom row from left to right.
*Cover Girl 4-kit Eye Enhancers in Drama Eyes..... you might first look at this palette and think- that's definitely a smokey eye look... but the beauty of this kit is that you can totally vary the intensity of these colors. Yes, you can get a killer smokey eye- but you can also wear the colors more soft (it's all about what kind of brush you use!) and make it great for daytime! The burgandy shade is fantastic- and you'll be surprised at the color payoff.
*Jordana Easyliner for lips in Baby Berry..... This is a wonderful rosy pink lipliner. I don't have problems with it feathering outside my lip line, and it's so creamy it can easily be applied all over your lips and worn alone, or with a light clear gloss. Top it off with a coordinating color to switch up the look! I love a pale pink gloss on top of this.
*Maybelline Mineral Power Blush in True Peach..... A pretty peachy-pink blush that has nice staying power and a gorgeous natural finish for basically any skin tone. Need to rush out the door and run a few errands? Skip the heavy duty makeup and dust this across your cheeks for a fresh & revived look.
*Burt's Bees Lip Shimmer in Watermelon..... berry, peaches, watermelon.... are you noticing a trend here? This is a great tinted lip balm that actually gives off a nice amount of color! This is a nice medium pink that will look great on an otherwise natural face. Don't be fooled though- it's not watermelon flavored. It has a nice cool minty tingle that I find quite refreshing during the warm summer months!
*ELF Candy Shop Lip Gloss in Melon Mayhem..... and the fruity theme continues! Not only is the packaging adorable- it has a nice peachy-nude shimmery tint and smells yummy! I love the slide open tin. And while everything on this list is affordable, this one take the cake- only $1 on www.eyeslipsface.com
*Almay One Coat Nourishing Mascara Triple Effect in Blackest Black..... I am loving this mascara SO MUCH. It claims to thicken, lengthen, and curl and I can assure you, it delivers on those claims. It took a little getting used to, but I really enjoy the brush- one side has longer bristles for lengthening, the other has shorter bristles that work great for adding volume. I like how the formula isn't so thin- it's a bit dryer, so it builds on it's self so well without clumping your lashes together. I wear this on days when I know I won't be using false eyelashes- because it comes very close to replicating the false lashes look on it's own!
*L'oreal De-Crease Eyeshadow Base..... Not wanting to shell out your hard-earned money on Too Faced Shadow Insurance? Well I must say, it's a great product- but so is this... for a fraction of the price! The reason why I recommend De-crease especially for summer is the fact that it's a bit more dry... and whether we want to put this image in our minds or not- our eyelids will inevitably become sweaty/oily in the summer heat. So this less oily shadow base will help keep your lids fresh and your shadow long-wearing!
Thanks so much for stopping by the blog everyone, and I hope you all have a great kick-off to summer! love ya!
Tuesday, June 16, 2009
So here's Tyler and I at the wedding- as you can see- the DuWop bronzer is quite natural looking and I definitely needed it since I really didn't have much of a tan prior to the wedding. (by this point in the evening we'd been dancing so much, I probably sweat off a lot of my face makeup :) The body bronzer is terrific for times when you want quick color that's a bit more drastic than what you'll get with a sunless tanner. It will come off in the shower- but when you want to have some color for a big event, it's great.
Thursday, June 11, 2009
He's the official superman for the Metropolis Superman Festival. Though it's a festival that's held in southern Illinois- it draws people from all over the country who're comic book fanatics. I've covered it for the news for the past two years and I've met dozens of people dressed all crazy like their favorite superhero. It's really fun, and it's going on this weekend.
Tuesday, June 9, 2009
-Enter by leaving your best beauty tip in the comments section
-You must be a subscriber-Giveaway IS open to international viewers
-No more than one comment (tip) per person!
-Must give an actual beauty tip to win! No spam!
-Must be willing to give me your mailing address so I can send your prize package!
-Winners will be chosen at random!
*Don't forget to read through the list of comments for great beauty tips from Beauty Broadcast fans!
*Winners will be contacted via YouTube message, and also mentioned in the winners announcement video!
Sunday, June 7, 2009
- Splash face with cold water when you wash your face in the morning. Yes, it will be a shock but it will usually scare most of the grogginess out of you!
- Try a moisturizer infused with Vitamin C. Bee Luscious has a nice moisturizer that has a citrusy scent that's a nice pick-me-up, and there's something about it that gives your skin instant radiance.
- Don't skip the concealer- dark circles are to be expected in the morning- but if you can cover them up, maybe you'll convince yourself that you're more awake than you thought you were!
- Use shadow as liner! It's quicker and more goof-proof than liquid. Just take any semi-deep shade and use an angled brush to blend the shadow right into your lash line. The look is less hars and won't make eyes seem so closed in when they already don't want to be open.
- Curl your eyelashes! Widening the eyes gives an instant "awake" look.
- If your eyes don't feel very wide awake- take a white eyeliner and line your waterline (inner rim on your lower lashline). This sort of gives the appearance that the white of your eyes is extending out, thus making the eyes appear larger. It also conceals redness on the waterline that inevitably occurs due to lack of sleep.
- Wear blush! This is a great tip for when you're a little under the weather as well. It puts the look of health back in your face.
- Consider wearing your hair up! It can give your entire face a lifted and more energized look, and once it's done it takes less fussing around with during the day. Plus it can sometimes be quicker and easier than wearing it down. An easy option for a polished look when hair is up is wrapping your ponytail with your own hair. Check out my video tutorial on that.
- Don't forget accessories. Even if you don't have the time to come up with a cute and creative outfit- anything can look more put-together with a cute pair of earrings or a neat necklace. It can spice up a basic black shirt and make it look like you've put somet thought into it. Belts are a great add-on too!
- Spritz on an energizing fragrance. I love body sprays with a fresh and fruity scent- it gives me a nice boost as I walk out the door. And fellow "case of the Monday's" sufferers might just catch a whif and feel a little happier :D
Have a great Monday everyone!
Wednesday, June 3, 2009
- BLOG POSTS... This is an obvious one. I post as often as I can. A lot of people on YouTube simply re-hash their videos on their blog. Sometimes the added explanation can be great, but otherwise- it's like, why just hash out the same info? If people are going to visit my blog- I want to give them something new that's exclusive to my blog. There will sometimes be some overlapping, but I like to use fresh material as much as possible :D
- BEAUTY BROADCAST 24/7... Click this link on the sidebar to go to a 24 hour, 7 day a week chat room! I'll come in and chat too sometimes, but it will always be there for you to talk to other Beauty Broadcast fans!
- LINK TO FACEBOOK... Yep, Beauty Broadcast is on Facebook! You'll find a sidebar link to the BB fan page. Become a fan and get special updates on new videos, blogs, etc!
- BROADCAST YOUR BEAUTY... I love this feature! Click this button on the sidebar to check out viewer pictures- their looks, inspired by Beauty Broadcast tutorials! To submit your own look- just send an emaily to firstname.lastname@example.org just include the BB tutorial your look is inspired by :)
- QUESTION OF THE WEEK... This is a weekly poll that wraps up every Sunday night, and usually a new video recapping the results is posted on my YT channel on Monday. I also try to incorporate some sort of tip or review based on the question. You'll find it on the sidebar of the blog.
- MAC DUPE FORUM... Can't afford to buy MAC makeup all the time? Check here to see what products other viewers/readers say are just like MAC- but are less expensive! Submit your dupes- email@example.com
- TWITTER UPDATES... My twitter updates automatically appear on the sidebar of my blog! Check them here, or follow me at http://twitter.com/emilynoel83
- LINKS... Another feature on the sidebar... I've provided links to beauty information, as well as links to online beauty shopping sites!
- TOTAL BEAUTY TIPS... Total Beauty is a great website for beauty info... so I decided to add that feature to my blog so you can see what the latest articles are :) sidebar!
- BEAUTY IN THE NEWS... This is at the very bottom of the sidebar. It's been on my blog all along, but perhaps you haven't had the chance to check it out. This feature continually updates the latest articles in the news that contain the words makeup, cosmetics, beauty, and hair. You can select which category you want to see articles from. Maybe you'll learn something new!
Thanks for taking the time to get re-acquainted with the Beauty Broadcast Blog! :)
Monday, June 1, 2009
3. Where are your products made?
4. A lot of natural products are used- why is this so important?
5. Your products are unscented- will you ever come out with scented products or will this be the extent of the brand?
6. What are your most popular products?
Our customers continually return for refills on all our products. So far, the Classic Silk Face Cream and Elan Vital Lip Balm seem to be the most popular.