Stila Sun Gel Bronzer Review
A concentrated bronze-tinted gel. Can be worn alone or mixed (dilluted) with a moisturizer (face or body) to provide a tan glow. This is sheer color- there's no shimmer, glitter, or metallic-type properties. This won't come off until you wash it off... so you'll want to wash your hands afterward if you apply it with your fingers. But unlike a sunless tanner- it DOES wash off, so you can correct any mistakes. It has a light, fresh scent. Comes in a 1.7 ounce container.
- A multi-use product- can be added to any number of liquid face & body products.
- You control the amount & how tan you want to be
- A little bit goes a long way (in my experience)
- Doesn't come off till you wash it off... this aspect gives the benefit of a sunless tanner
- Cost on BeautyTicket is comparable to that of drugstore products
- This really isn't a stand-alone product. It almost looks to orange-ish if you wear it alone (especially on lighter skin tones)
- May take some trial & error on the part of the user to determine how much works
What I think: I'm all for sunless tanners- both on the body and the face. But some days you get up to get ready, you don't look as radiant as you'd like, and you just didn't take the time in the days before to get yourself all tanned-up. To give yourself an instant boost with none of the risks associated with sunless tanning (streaks, blotches), this Stila gel sun is a good option. Maybelline made something almost identical to this as part of their Mineral Power line... it was sold months ago and hasn't resurfaced in the drugstore. Bonne Bell makes a product called Gel Bronze- but it doesn't have the same won't-come-off-till-you-wash-it-off quality. Also- the Bonne Bell version isn't as pigmented and doesn't give off as much color. This product won't make you as dark as you might be with a sunless tanner, but the sheer wash of color is very easy to work with. You can control how dark you want to be- mix more or less in with foundation, body lotion, face moisturizer etc. You can feel a little safer using a product like this mixed with your body lotion as opposed to Bonne Bell because it is going to stay on you until you wash it off. It never hurts to add a little extra glow, especially in the dead of winter! Have a great day!♥
Disclaimer: This product was sent to me to try by BeautyTicket.com. I am in no way affiliated with Stila, nor are my opinions influenced by the Beauty Ticket site.