FOTD: Natural Weekend Look!
Hey everyone! If you checked out my latest Em's World video- you know I spent Saturday doing some house hunting with Tyler! I didn't have a lot of time to make a tutorial, but I thought I'd snap a few pictures for a "Face of the Day" (FOTD) blog! :) I'd like to do more of these... they're no big deal to do and I think it's fun to share different looks day to day. I love when people do this sort of thing on my Beauty Broadcast Facebook page!
As you can see, this is a really natural look! There's not one particular facial feature that's dramatic- but I think the eyes, lips, and cheeks work together harmoniously! :) I also managed to put this look together very quickly & easily!
- After moisturizer- I used MAC Mineralize Satin Finish SPF 15 foundation (I use NC40- the shade I was matched to...sorry if you don't think it works- but it does). It has a bit of sheen to it, giving the skin sort of a glowing look. I also used Maybelline Dream Mousse Concealer (forgot to put it in the picture!) under my eyes and around my nose.
- Since I didn't want my "glow" from the foundation to turn to shine- I used ELF Studio Translucent Matifying Powder on my nose and forehead since those are the first places I start to notice shine.
- I didn't use much bronzer for this look, but for a light cheek contour and around my temples- I used Too Faced Chocolate Soleil Bronzer with a fluffy brush.
- To warm up the apples of my cheeks, I used ELF Studio Blush in Blushing Rose. It's a fairly intense blush color, so I barely dabbed my brush into the product.
- For eyes, I first used my Palladio Herbal Eye Primer (not in picture, but I'll be reviewing it soon). Then I used L'oreal HIP Matte Shadow Duo in Dashing. I used the peachy shade all over my lid, and the black on the outer corner. I also used it to set/smudge my lower liner.
- On my upper lashline- L'oreal Carbon Black Lineur Intense. I gave-in to the hype on this one... and I don't really like it as well as Revlon Colorstay Liquid Liner in Blackest Black. It goes on more intense than this... but the L'oreal is ok.
- I used L'oreal Extra Intense Liquid Pencil Eyeliner in Black on the outer part of my lower lashline. This is almost exactly like Milani Liquif'eye liner- so if you don't have access to that one- grab the L'oreal. It's very smooth and after about 15 seconds- it won't smudge! I lightly used the black shadow for soft definition on the inner part of the lower lashline.
- For mascara- I'm trying to new Maybelline Lash Stiletto Voluptuous mascara in Very Black. It was 40% off at Walgreens so I thought I'd give it a try. So far, it's sort of average for me, but I'll keep working with it. I think it gives more volume than regular Lash Stiletto.
- Next-- my favorite brow product!! Revlon Colorstay Brow Enhancer in Blackened Brown (step 1) and Taupe (step 2). The dark brown on step 1 is a tinted wax pencil- a little thicker than your average liner. I used it to better define the inner & outer portions of my brows. SO easy & natural! Then the lighter end (reminds me of a jumbo shadow pencil) is a bit shimmery, and I use that to highlight under the arch of my brows.
- Finally, for a light hint of color on my lips, I used the L'oreal HIP Jelly Balm in Succulent (got this as a BOGO with the shadow mentioned above from Walgreens). I love how these balms have a light cotton candy scent, come in a glass jar, and give you shiny, sheer, buildable color (I could've made it look a bit more intense than it does in the pics).
Thanks for checking out my blog, and if you have a picture of your "Face of the Day" feel free to post it on the Beauty Broadcast Facebook page and share the products you used! :)