Revlon ColorBurst Lipstick!
Hey everyone! Hopefully you saw my latest haul video- it consisted of drugstore skin, hair, and makeup items! One of the things I mentioned are the Revlon Colorburst Lipsticks. They claim to provide pigmented color with a really light feel. In my opinion, they accomplish that task very effectively! The shades I've tried are not shimmery, glitter-packed lipsticks (although I do have some of those that I love!)
These are creamy lipsticks that provide great color, subtle shine, and they make my lips feel really smooth! They may not be the most moisturizing lipsticks ever- so if you have naturally dry lips, you may want to smooth on a balm underneath. Staying power is decent, but not outstanding. These are not marketed as a long-wearning lipstick-- but rather a product that gives outstanding color while not feeling heavy on the lips. I have to give it high marks for that! For those concerned with scent-- I can barely detect a scent with these. Plus- I happen to love all 5 shades I've purchased! How often does that happen within one brand? More on the shades in a minute... first- a look at the adorable packaging!
It's simple, but really stylish. I really enjoy the matte black tubes with diamond detailing on two sides. The best part, in my opinion, is the top. I like being able to easily see what color I've picked up rather than having to read miniscule writing on the label. Good job, Revlon!
As you can see, I've experimented with a range of neutral & pink tones. They're listed below- corresponding with the products show left to right in the pictures...
- Soft Nude: A true nude lipstick that basically erases the color of your lips. I like having a lipstick like that in my collection. While it has a very subtle smooth shine, I find that it's much more wearable if I top it with a gloss. It just helps the lips stand out more.
- Blush: I love this neutral with a hint of warm pinky/brown. I've gotten a lot of use out of this one at work when I'm anchoring the news. It's just gorgeous, would work with lots of skintones, and won't make you look washed out. I think this might be my favorite, though it's hard to pick just one!
- Baby Pink: The name says it all. A classic light pink lipstick that's surprisingly true to the color in the tube. Sometimes I find that pastel pinks rarely come off on the lips like they appear in the stick. This is pigmented enough to really show up as pink.
- Carnation: A slightly brighter pink with more of a berry tone. Don't be scared by it's slightly brighter appearance- I think it's definitely wearable, and one of those shades that makes your teeth look extra white!
- Mauve: A wearable berry tone with a bit of a neutral quality. Some may find this a bit easier to pull off than the brighter pinks. Has a nice depth to it that will make the rest of your face look polished and pulled-together.
Swatches shown in the same order as lipsticks mentioned above.
ColorBurst lipsticks come in 20 shades. Be aware that some stores may not carry ALL the shades. For example my CVS had only about half the colors, but Walgreens and Wal-Mart had them all. You may not find yourself in the same situation where you live, but just a heads up. You can browse the full selection of shades at the link I posted earlier in the blog. Thanks so much for stopping by my blog, and let me know what your favorite colors are! :D