Bright Pink & Green Eye Look!
Hey everyone! You know what one of my favorite times to play with makeup is? When I have no particular place to go, and I have plenty of time to just mess around! I feel very free to incorporate color, and if it doesn't work out... no big deal! Sometimes I don't always like what I come up with, but Saturday I was playing with this look, and I actually really enjoy it! :) If you follow me on Twitter or Facebook, you got a sneak peek :)
Initially I was just going for a green look because I was swatching some new pigments from Coastal Scents and the green one really caught my eye. (funny story- I emerge from my makeup room and Tyler says "what have you been doing?" and I said, "swatching pigments"... to that, he responded "whatever that means." LOL). Anyway, once we decided we'd spend the rainy evening at the movie theater watching Hot Tub Time Machine- I thought I could really experiment. (if the look flops- you're just sitting there in the dark! by the way, I thought the movie was hilarious). Here's what I used on my eyes & lips... (warning: there are lots of steps).
- After applying a primer to my lids, I used the green side of the ELF Cream Eyeshadow Duo in Olive.
- Then I packed on the new Coastal Scents Mica Powder in Gemtone Topaz (the main reason for the vivid shimmery green on my lids).
- For a little depth in the crease, I applied the dark green shade in the ELF Eyeshadow quad in Ivy.
- I faded up from that with a deep magenta NYX shadow- the shade is called Burgundy Pearl & it's GORGEOUS.
- On the border of that- almost to the brow bone but not quite- I used the Milani eyeshadow single in Illusion (pink with gold undertone- picture doesn't do justice to the subtle gold tone).
- Then right under the brow- Cover Girl Single shadow in Pink Chiffon- super light, shimmery pink.
- For upper liner- I forgot to include it in the picture, but I used LA Girl Fineline liquid liner pen. I just did a subtle wing.
- On the outer part of the lower lashline, I used the L'oreal Extra Intense Liquid Pencil in black to blend with the wing.
- On the rest of the way underneath- all the way to the inner corner- I used Jordana Easyliner in Seagreen. I topped it off with the dark shade from the Ivy quad and used a little of the Coastal Scents Mica Powder around the tear duct.
- For a finishing touch- Rimmel Soft Kohl eye pencil in Pure White on the waterline.
- For mascara- Cover Girl Exact Eyelights in Black Pearl.
- Lips: NYC Lipstick in Chiffon and Jordana Easyliner in Baby Berry.
Here's a closer look at the Coastal Scents Mica Powder in Gemtone Topaz. I'm trying out some of the other shades labeled "new" on the Coastal Scents website. With a slightly tacky base, these really cling to the lids and last a long time... looking totally bold & colorful! :)
Have a great day everyone, and thanks for stopping by my blog! :)