Coastal Scents 36 Smokey Palette!
This is a really fun bunch of colors. The black in this set actually has subtle pink sparkles. The varying matte pinks are very rich, and of the 2 lightest shades, the frosty pink is clearly the best. When applied with a light touch, you can take any of the bright pinks and warm up the border of a dark smokey look.
While colors in the 88 palettes are about the size of dimes- these are larger... nickel-sized. From matte to satin to shimmer- there's a nice variety in finishes. Some shades are super bright, but you have enough deep tones to create contrast and "bring the look down a notch"- as I like to say. My swatches are shown with no primer... and just so you know, I never use primer for swatches. While I WOULD use a primer on my lids- I don't want to feel like you must have a certain primer to make them work. So I just show them without so you can truly see how the shadows perform with no other variables.
Quality-wise, this palette is very similar to the other Coastal Scents palettes- so I give it high marks. It makes a good "try me" item if you've never gotten anything from CS before... because you're getting a sampling of lots of different colors and finishes.
Have a great day!
- Tyler is still sick... but since his visit to the doc today, I think he'll be on the upward swing. I joke that I will buy him Sparkling Apple Juice (has anyone seen the SNL skit?) for New Year's Eve.
- Today I started a Tumblr page... does anyone else out there do this? My friend Alba had one posted this morning & I was inspired.
- Black Cherry Propel water is quite good.
- Cupcake has gotten over the thrill of us coming home after traveling for a couple days. She's acting like a bit of a diva.
- My nails are painted GOLD and I love it!
- I'm anchoring the newscast solo tomorrow. Topics include- how to avoid a hangover.