Hi everyone! Friday is almost here! :) This past weekend, I got a new Crock Pot! I have a large one already, but when I ran across a smaller 2.5 quart crock pot for around $10 at Wal-Mart, I thought it'd be perfect for cooking for me & Tyler! Also a good size for soups, dips, etc.
Sunday I browsed the internet for some crock pot recipes... and ended up finding one for Crock Pot Enchiladas at The New Homemaker website, which I've posted below. (I forgot to take pictures the first time around, so I used some leftover meat mixture to make a small amount yesterday! That's why the crock pot isn't very full).
Crock Pot Enchiladas
Makes 4 to 6 servings, or if you're using a smaller crock pot like mine, you'll have extra meat mixture to use in tacos, more crock pot enchiladas, or whatever you want! Obviously in a larger crock pot, you'd layer the tortillas differently.
- 1-1/2 lb. ground beef (or use ground turkey!)
- 1 small to medium onion, chopped
- 1-2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. pepper
- 6 corn tortillas
- 2 C. fresh or frozen corn
- 1 19-oz. can enchilada sauce*
- 2 C. shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 2-1/2 oz. can sliced ripe olives, drained
- Any garnishes you want to serve with it... sour cream, salsa, tomatoes, guacamole, etc.
*I used a smaller can of enchilada sauce. Tyler has had some acid reflux issues lately, so I was trying to make it with very little acidic, tomato-based products. This meal left his tummy feeling fine! :)
Here you can kind of see the tortilla layers... they soften up nicely and I love how warm & bubbly everything gets. I think some chunky salsa would make a great addition to the meat mixture... and maybe some other veggies like peppers!
- Busy day for me! work, meeting, video, dinner, blog.
- I recently got a six pack of mini Lancome Juicy Tubes. I gave 3 to my friend Katie!
- Finished Mad Men season 4! Must discuss with my sister when she returns from Spain!
- Late January is big for birthdays in my family... Tyler on the 25th, my sister on the 26th, and my mom on the 30th! (plus even more friends with b-days!)
- I may have used too much of the Lush strawberry massage bar after my shower. Can a person smell too fruity?
- Cupcake has a blanket she loves. If it's not already covering me up, she'll start pawing on it, as if to tell me I need to put it on my lap so she can lay on top of it. It's the cutest thing ever.
- Speaking of cute... corgis. Need proof? Click here.
Thanks for checking out my blog!