Look Like You've Had Beauty Sleep
- Opt for light or bright colors. I find it can actually enhance the appearance of a person's skintone!
- If you don't want to go bright with your outfit, consider a bold necklace that adds some color near your face. Some fun earrings can have a similar effect.
- It might be a day when you'd like to hide your face, but an updo of some sort can actually give the face a more lifted appearance. Anchor it with some bobbi pins and hairspray and it'll be a style you don't have to spend time fussing with throughout the day.
- Concealer is a daily no-brainer for most, but there are a few tricks to maximize its effectiveness. When applying under-eye concealer, take it all the way up onto the lower lashline. Some people neglect this area, but the fact is, that's a spot where you can get a lot of redness & discoloration. Even out the area, and set with a light dusting of sheer powder.
- Go easy on the eyes... A lot of heavy contouring may give you a sexy look, but it doesn't necessarily make you look well-rested. Use a lighter contour shade, and use your darker colors on the outer corner for a little lift. Use liner on the upper lashline along with mascara, and keep liner smudged and soft if you want it on the lower lashline.
- A white or light colored liner in the waterline will make the eyes look more wide open. I've learned that lining the waterilne with black can brighten the whites of your eyes, but if you're really looking tired, I think a light liner can do the most in terms of making you look wide awake.
- Blush is another daily must-have, but definitely don't skip it on a day you're feeling tired. Peach and pink shades seem to really give a look of health when applied to the apples of your cheeks.
- Brighten up the lips on tired days! If you still don't feel like you're getting anywhere where the eyes are concerned, putting more of a focus on the lips with a pretty pink, coral, or red can work wonders. These shades don't have to be neon to get the job done. Once I add a lip product that provides some color, I feel like my whole face looks brighter.
Hopefully these words of advice can help you when you haven't gotten as much beauty sleep as you'd like. I also want to make sure you're aware- I'm not saying people should skip out on sleep. It's important to your overall health, and catching enough Z's can keep you from working so hard where makeup is concerned! So by all means, try to get a full 8 hours, or whatever you feel your body needs. But for those times when you just don't look rested, these tips should help you out. Thanks for reading & have a great day!