Hey everyone! Thanks for stopping by my blog! I absolutely hate the fact that I haven't had much of a chance to update lately. Don't worry, that will change. This was a blog post that I actually took pictures for a couple weeks ago- but I'm just now getting around to posting it. I know I've mentioned in videos how I love jumbo lip pencils... they're a great combination of control and color/moisture. These "shimmer gloss pencils" known as Lip Flash from Milani are no exception! As you can tell by the colors... these are not for the shy! They cost around $6 at drugstores, and they are super pigmented, glossy, and are really full coverage in terms of the amount of color they give off... definitely not sheer. So basically- if you want great color payoff, you'll get your money's worth with these. I love the feel of these on my lips, and while the staying power is somewhat average- these shades are so pigmented that they leave a bit of a "stain" on the lips even after the gloss aspect wears off.
What is "wearable" is different to different people. While some people like bold lips, others might see it as far too dramatic. I think I'm somewhere in between. Milani sent me these products to review, and as I tried them on and wore some of them out & about-- there were some shades that I really knew I didn't like. There were others I absolutely loved. (I think that's to be expected with just about any line of lip products you try- not every shade will be everyone's favorite). But for my fellow jumbo lip pencil lovers- I wanted to give you pictures of what each pencil looked like on my lips, so you can make an informed decision if you're thinking about picking one up at the drugstore!
Top to bottom: Flashy, Photo Flash, Flash Light, Hot Flash, In a Flash, News Flash, Lip Flash
(My favorites are in bold...for some reason blogger wouldn't let me type those names next to each one!)
Here's just a little mini review on these... Keep in mind all have some sort of shimmer/sparkle. (even on the shades I don't like so much- I can't deny that the shimmer is FABULOUS). I love Photo Flash (the second in the row) for a bright pink. It's a bit toned down from Flashy, so I feel like it's more wearable for me. I'm also a big fan of number 3 in the row- Flash Light. It is a GORGEOUS coral color with just the right amount of orange. My other favorite is the 4th one on the list- Hot Flash. It is an absolutely beautiful metallic red. In a Flash is nice, and has a bit more of a bluish undertone than the first pink. It would be nice for a fun night out, but not so much for daily wear (at least not for me). I know I'm a news anchor, but I'm sorry to say I would never wear News Flash out of the house... except maybe on Halloween. It's just too dark. Lip Flash is interesting... has sort of a taupe/lavender hue. It doesn't do much for my skintone at all, so I won't be using that one much.
Bottom line... I think it was important to show these on the lips since some of these colors are deceiving in the packaging. No matter what shade you choose, I guarantee you will get intense color payoff. There is ONE nude shade in this line, but I didn't receive it, and I haven't found it in stores. I wish Milani would create a natural/neutral line of these pencils!! I love the feel, and I love jumbo pencils- it's just about picking the shade that's right... so I hope this helps you! :)
- After the Silverdome Awards and a wedding- I thought I was done traveling for awhile... But spent most of the morning on the road for a story. Good thing it will be a GREAT story! :)
- I like when it's thundering outside and I have nowhere to go and nothing to do but BLOG.
- I had a total spa afternoon yesterday... bath, facial mask, exfoliated, and used Vaseline Cocoa Butter Vitalizing Gel body oil. Don't know if I've ever been so nicely moisturized. It was just fantastic.
- Stayed with my parents while we were home for the wedding... mom sent me home with a bag full of goodies- homemade banana bread, homemade crescent rolls, and 100 calorie packs that she bagged up herself from various snacks. Thanks mom!
- It was nice to also hang out with dad on father's day weekend! Glad you're enjoying the new golf balls!
- Cupdate: (Cupcake Update) She has been incredibly sweet since we've been home! She doesn't want us leaving again anytime soon! :)