Hey everyone! First off- I gotta say, I'm AMAZED by the response to my latest video on the MAC eyeshadow dupes. I am so thankful for all the nice, appreciative feedback. Thanks for taking the time to watch that video, and if you haven't seen it yet, CLICK HERE!
This blog is sort of a follow-up to a review/tutorial video (Reviewtorial, baby!) on the Maybelline Color Explosion palette in Forest Fury (green). I was really impressed with the pigmentation of that palette- (shown below on the left), and compared the texture and color in that palette to the Lancome Colour Design palettes that also have lots of rich colors. I said I wanted to pick up more of these, and apparently lots of other people did too (slim pickins at the local Wal-Mart!) But there was ONE left in the shade I really wanted to try- Caffeine Rush. (Note: I did not experience any caffeine-like effects after using this eyeshadow).
The Caffeine Rush palette has the same shimmery/metallic textures (plus one super glittery shade, just like the green palette has). I LOVE the two deeper brownish taupe shades... you can just put one on your lid, all the way through your crease and it'll catch the light and POP on your lid, but look more shadowed in the crease... it's gorgeous. I must take a picture next time I use it! The lighter shades are lovely as well for blending and highlighting the brow bone or inner corner.
I just wanted to update you, to let you know that the green palette wasn't just a one-hit wonder for the Maybelline Color Explosion line. These palettes are the real deal! I'll probably wear this neutral kit even more often. You don't NEED to add any deeper shades to this one to get a great look... the deepest color is great in the crease, but a matte brown can offset the shimmer for a dramatic night-out look. I highly suggest picking this up next time your out & about in the drugstore! Here's a link to the Maybelline website to check out the other color options. AND look for this palette in an upcoming haul video on my YouTube channel!! :)
- I'm so glad my sister's cat Bun is doing better after being hospitalized over the weekend! She's had some health issues, but is now back home!
- Cupcake is looking adorable on her stack of blankets.
- I've been making iced tea using my Keurig... the half & half black tea & lemonade mix is awesome!!
- I had Quiznos last night & once again fell in love with the Chipotle Turkey Sammie.
- In that odd stage where my nail polish hasn't exactly chipped off, but it doesn't look nice & fresh anymore.
- Made corn guacamole this afternoon! It's very easy. Here's what I did...
Emily's Corny Guacamole!
- Use a fork to mash up 1 avacado in a bowl (I make it a rough mash & leave some chunks)
- Thaw half a cup of frozen corn to room temperature- add to avacado
- Add a quick shake of garlic powder, cayenne pepper, and salt & black pepper to taste
- Enjoy with chips, crackers, on a sandwich, on nachos, or just as a side dish on its own!
(sorry there's no pic... I ate it all)