Hey everyone! It's such a dreary Sunday here... so a good day to sit on the couch & blog! And I have lots to talk about, because I am trying a LOT of mascaras right now. I realize not everyone is a make obsessed creature like myself, so you might think- that's insane! But, reviewing makeup is what I do, and I feel like finding a great mascara is a really challenging thing for most people (myself included).
It's hard to find a mascara that is universally loved... because we all have such different lashes... just like we have different hair on our heads. What your best friend loves... might not work for you. I've sort of made it a goal to find a mascara that everyone would love. I know it won't be easy... but I'm embarking on MASCARAPALOOZA 2011!
Here's the lastest round of mascaras I've found in stores that I'm testing out... from a variety of price ranges. I'll let you know what I think in future blogs & videos! Have you noticed all the brands that are putting out cone-shaped brushes?
Here are the claims of the mascaras as they appear in the pic from top to bottom...
- Rimmel Volume Accelerator: Claims to have an "Advanced Volume Boosting Complex" that will make lashes look 10x fuller instantly.
- Lancome Hypnose Doll Lashes: "Fiber Shine" formula claims to sculpt, curl, and load each lash for the ultimate shiny lash fringe without weighing lashes down.
- Maybelline Great Lash Lots of Lashes: Cone shaped rubber bristle brush... claims to multiply lashes with no clumps.
- Benefit They're Real!: Rubber brush that claims to lengthen, volumize, curl, lift, and separate. The long-wearing formula claims to not smudge or dry out.
- Jordana Best Lash Extreme: Claims to provide immediate, extreme volume with a formula that's buildable without clumping.
- L'oreal Voluminous False Fiber Lashes: Claims to have a lash sculpting fiber formula that will adhere to lashes for a volumized, sculpted lash effect.
As you can see, all of these brands seem to think they've come up with God's gift to lashes! We'll see if any of these can beat the mascaras I talked about in my most recent Mascara Favorites video!
- Made Chicken Corn Chowder in the crock pot yesterday & LOVED it!
- It has been raining allll day.
- Cupcake has found a new hiding spot, deep in my closet & out of sight!
- Went out last night with some friends & enjoyed an 80's hair metal cover band LOL