Hi everyone! Don't you love getting to play with makeup when you have no intention of leaving the house? I'm always much more daring when I have this rare opportunity. And with the new Wet n Wild baked and glitter palettes, I have a lot to play with. I've named this post SPARKLES MCGEE (if you've watched BlogTV, you know this was once a Word of the Week!) Anyway- it's obviously a bright pink lip- but the eyes are a combination of black, brown, and magenta along with a lot of sparkle.
What I used...
- I first primed my lids with Urban Decay Primer Potion
- Then for a black base, I used the Wet n Wild black eyeliner all over the lids. I also lined top & bottom inner rims with this liner.
- Then I layered the sparkly black in the Wet n Wild Tinsel Mall glitter palette with a sponge tip applicator all over my lid- with the most concentration around the lashline, and a little bit on the outer part of the lower lashline
- I then blended the brown from the Baking a Cake baked palette to the crease with a large crease brush.
- I patted the pink glitter cream around the border of the brown with my finger...
- Then topped it with the magenta baked shadow
- Used the light pink in the baked palette as a highlight under the brow
- Dabbed the silver glitter cream on top of the lid, and on the inner half of the lower lashline.
- Finished off the eyes with a coat of Lancome Doll Lashes and some Ardell lashes (not sure exactly what style these are, but they're super thick & flared at the ends... what Maybelline the Falsies Flared mascara should do to your lashes- according to their ads- LOL)
- Lips are Revlon Colorburst Lip Butter in Lollipop, topped with Smashbox lip gloss in Fame.
Just a fun look to play around with... but I must say- it didn't last. I didn't top every part of the glitter creams with a powder just to see how much they would crease. I laid on the couch and read a book for about an hour, looked in the mirror, and I had some major amounts of product collecting in my crease. If these were regular cream shadows I'd say-- use a primer, apply a thin layer of the cream, and then top with shadow... however the whole point of glitter is for it to be on TOP and sparkle! I still need to play with these some more before reviewing... but I can tell that for these glitter palettes to last- you'll have to use them verrry carefully. I'll keep you posted. Thanks for reading! :)
- I want ice cream!
- I shot a haul video today that I'll post in the coming days.
- I have spent a lot of time in my comfy pants lately.
- I swatched a ton of stuff on my hand, and after spending roughly a minute washing it off with soap, my Mally Automatic Waterproof liners remain. They faded a bit, but they're definitely still there. And I'm not even mad... that's impressive!