FOTD: Neutral Glam
Hello my friends! I OFTEN intend to do blog posts with my "Face of the Day"... but what prevents me from doing them is simply forgetting what I put on! I'm now keeping a little white basket right by my makeup area... I can put everything I used on a given day in there and refer to it for FOTD blogs, or just to list in the extra info section of my videos. Not a genius concept by any means, but hopefully something that will help me make more posts like this. So here's a look at today's makeup basket...
All of my photos are a bit washed out, and none of them showed the eye detail in just the right way, but... I guess that's what you get every now and then when you are your own photographer! My goal with this makeup look was to keep it neutral all around, yet not boring... Since sometimes that's the way I feel when I go neutral from face to eye to lip. However something about this look is just a little bit glamorous. I think it comes from perfected skin, an eye that's defined *just enough*, and a glowing lip.
- Laura Geller Spackle under-makeup primer
- Neutrogena Healthy Skin Foundation (Natural Beige)
- Cover Girl & Olay Simply Ageless Eye Concealer (Light)
- Bare Minerals Summer Bisque (over Cover Girl concealer- see my full coverage concealer trick)
- Revlon PhotoReady Concealer (forgot to include in pic- used for redness around nose)
- Mally Poreless Perfection Glowing Foundation (Medium- light dusting all over)
- NYC Smooth Skin Bronzer (Sunny)
- IT Cosmetics Contouring/Highlighting Palette (also forgot to include in pic!)
- Wet n Wild Color Icon Blush (Pearlescent Pink)
- NYX HD Eyeshadow Base (not shown)
- Wet n Wild Limited Edition Color Icon Baked Palette in Bake-Off Contest (used the center shade on the bottom wet w/ a sponge tip applicator. Used dark brown dry on the outer part of lid & crease & smudged under the eye w/ pencil brush, used bright copper to blend just above crease)
- Wet n Wild Kohl Brow/Eyeliner Pencil in Black (upper lashline, outer part of lower lashline, and inner rim)
- NYC High Definition Volumizing Mascara (2 coats on top, 1 coat on the bottom)
- Maybelline Define-a-Brow in Dark Brown
- LORAC Couture Shine Liquid Lipstick in Trend Setter (part of Close-Up kit)
- NYC Automatic Lip Liner in Naughty Nude (applied after gloss to lightly add definition)
Just a few notes on some of the products used... the Cover Girl/Olay concealer is very brightening, but not amazing in terms of coverage so I love topping it off with Bare Minerals Summer Bisque for added coverage. The Mally Poreless Perfection Powder is a newly discovered favorite product from her line- good enough coverage to wear alone, but nice to set foundation with. The Wet 'n Wild blush in Pearlescent Pink is growing on me- it's just really fresh & pretty. As far as eyes, I now have the new Wet 'n Wild matte palette, along with the glitter and baked palettes. I've been trying them out like crazy, but won't be posting a review until I'm confident with how they wear. One thing I'll say about the Wet n Wild baked palettes- I love wearing them wet and applying them with a sponge tip. I was pleasantly surprised by NYC's High Definition mascara- enjoyed the brush very much! And when I've worn this LORAC liquid lipstick- I've been stopped on multiple occasions and asked what I have on my lips. It really glows in the pictures :)
- Just started reading a new beauty book- About Face by Scott Barnes. LOVING IT so far & plan to do a beauty book library video once I finish it. I've learned so much through books by makeup artists.
- Tyler bought me a Mello Yello Zero yesterday. He insists it's better than Mt. Dew... I'm not so sure.
- Planning to make some avacado salsa soon. woop woop!