Hello everyone! It's been a busy weekend! I spent a lot of time on my Halloween look, and I'm so glad to hear so many of you enjoyed it. It was probably the most fun I've had doing a tutorial! I was also glad that since I was posting it at the last minute- it wasn't a look that requires you to go out and buy a bunch of stuff. So thanks so much for watching! :)
Today on the blog... I'm talking about a new nail idea that I got from Pinterest! I saw a picture of a deep colored manicure, topped with silvery glitter- but only on the bottom part of the nail! I don't think mine turned out quite as nice as the pic I saw, but you sort of get what I was going for. I'm not one who's really done a lot of nail art, but this seemed doable, and also a classy way to jazz up the nails for this season. The glitter makes me think of falling snow :)
Here are the polishes I used... Wet 'n Wild Fast Dry in Buy Me a Drink (might be limited edition- not sure), Nicole by OPI in Tip of the Iceberg, and Out The Door topcoat (4.99 at Sally's- as you can see :)
- I applied 2 coats of the burgundy-wine colored polish.
- I then coated the lower half of my nail with the silver glitter
- Once that dries, I added more glitter- concentrating it more around the cuticle. Basically the glitter should look more dispersed toward the tip of the nail.
- I topped it with a clear top coat.
flower rings: Forever 21
I was really happy with the end result, and I think this could be pretty with so many other shades as the base color- light or dark. Here's the sad part- one of my nails chipped a little on the very first day! :( I repaired the chip and they made it probably 4 more days. Are there any special nail techniques you've been enjoying lately?
- Tomorrow is Halloween! We don't get that many trick-or-treaters, so Tyler and I made sure to pick up candy we knew we'd enjoy :)
- It was amazing watching the Cardinals win the World Series Friday night! :D
- While I like watching beauty stuff on QVC, I'm also fascinated with all the kitchen stuff they're showing on there today. I ordered these :)