Hi everybody! Remember the haul video I posted last month? I had picked up a little set of mini Benefit products from Sephora for $10 called "One Prime Day". I had received a lot of requests for reviews on the Porefessional, so I figured this way I could sample a couple other products as well for a good price.
The sizes are very small... .25 fl. oz. of That Gal and the Porefessional, and .09 fl. oz. of Stay Don't Stray. They came packaged all together in this cute box! FYI... I had to look online for details on each product- the box didn't include any information beyond the product names and ingredients.
- "That Gal" Brightening Face Primer... This primer is light pink in color, and is supposed to brighten the skin. It has the texture of a lightweight moisturizer, and didn't dry to the silky smooth finish I'm used to with primers. This didn't do much to even out my skin's texture, and I also didn't notice any brightening. There isn't any "glow" or shimmer in this product, so I guess it was just designed to brighten due to its light pink tint. Overall, this did nothing for me. I've come to expect a smooth finish from a primer that makes my foundation glide on more evenly... this didn't really do that.
- The POREfessional Pro balm to minimize the appearance of pores... This skin-toned product can be used under or over makeup, and has the silky-smooth finish I was expecting "That Gal" to have. Definitely not a greasy feel, but just a lovely satiny texture that gave my skin a very even feel before applying foundation. My problem area for pores would have to by my nose, and a little bit on the top of my cheeks on either side of my nose. And when I used this under my makeup, I didn't see much of a difference. I don't have enormous pores, and maybe I was just looking too closely, but this didn't do much to minimize their appearance. BUT- when I used this OVER my makeup, I noticed more of an effect. However at that point, the POREfessional had the help of a layer of foundation/concealer/powder and whatever else I put on. I didn't necessarily even need the POREfessional at that point, but with a few inches between me and my mirror, I could tell a slight difference- as if someone just slightly blurred finish of my skin. Due to the creamy nature of this product, I don't know that I'd want to slather it all over a full face of makeup, but dotted around my nose, it did ok.
- Stay Don't Stray- Stay put primer for concealers & eyeshadows... This product is a thin, almost liquid-like formula. It's light beige in color and provides some coverage as you apply it on your eyelids. It takes care of any discoloration, so you have a nice blank canvas for your eyeshadow. I had no problems with staying power when I used this- it worked really well. It wasn't until I really read the back of the box that I realized this was also a primer for concealer! Interesting concept... I haven't tried that yet, and I'm not sure I really need a separate primer for my concealer (how many layers of product do I really want under my eyes?)
left to right: "That Gal", the POREfessional, and Stay Don't Stray
Here are some swatches of each product, so you can sort of get an idea of their consistency. Again, "That Gal" feels sort of like a moisturizer, the POREfessional is like a silky mattifying balm... both have a colorless appearance when you blend them in. Stay Don't Stray has the most liquid texture, and continues to have a bit of light beige coverage when you blend it in. A little goes a long way on the eyelids.
The Bottom Line...
I wouldn't purchase any of these products again... not in the small size or a full size. "That Gal" just didn't do anything I want a primer to do. The POREfessional went on smooth, but I have lots of primers that go on smooth... and it didn't have a big impact on pores under makeup, and over makeup- there just wasn't much need for it. I think my Mally Poreless Face Defender is a more travel friendly product for touchups, and I like that it's more of a solid you can blot on- not something creamy you blend in. Stay Don't Stray is a great eye primer, but doesn't function any better than NYX HD Primer, which I can pick up for $7. As with all products, they don't work the same on everyone! So if you're curious about the POREfessional or any of the others- $10 isn't a huge price to pay to try them out. Just wanted to pass along my 2 cents on the products!
- My vacation ends tomorrow! It's been very relaxing and I've shot a lot of beauty videos that you'll be seeing in the near future.
- Do indoor cats sense the need for their winter coat? Cupcake seems more furry than usual.
- Mom left a lasagna for us to have & we're heating it up tonight for dinner. She makes the best lasagna!
- I'm trying to get back into Google+... here's my link!