Hey everyone! I thought it'd be fun to do a blog post based on the questions YOU want answered... but they can't be makeup-related! :) I asked for questions on the Beauty Broadcast Facebook page- and I have plenty to work with! I thought I'd just go through & find 20 and maybe save some of the ones I don't get to for a rainy day (it'll probably come soon, it's very rainy here.)
1. Erica: "Favorite sandwich ever?"
- A restaurant in my area called 17th Street has the best pulled pork sandwiches!! :) I also love a Whopper Jr.
2. Lauren: "Not too random, but what do your news co-worker people think of your Beauty Broadcast YouTube life?"
- The people I work closely with - the morning crew- all seem to be very supportive of it. I kind of wonder if others at the station watch... I don't hear a lot about it from them and I'm not sure if they really understand what it is that I do! I have gotten good feedback from our station's owners.
When Tyler proposed... there's a video on that!
3. Lyndsay: "What made you fall in love with Tyler?"
- A great sense of humor, smart, good morals, good looks, and all the little things about him that make him different from me. We balance each other out, and I could tell early on that he'd be loyal to me and do anything for me. And he loves me even with all of my quirky interests like makeup and cats. I got really lucky :)
4. Kevin: "Who's your favorite co-anchor of all time? :D"
- Wow, that's tough. I guess I'll go with Kevin ;)
5. Sharon: "If it's not too personal to answer, do you and Tyler plan on having children?"
- Yes! We definitely want to have a family at some point. I don't think I've ever gotten much more in-depth in my answers to this question, so here goes... It's something we've thought about a lot, but there are a lot of factors that come into play... when we choose to have children, I want to be a very hands-on mom. If it became difficult to juggle my unusual hours along with a child, I'd have to ask myself if I'd be prepared to step away from my career, or at least scale it back somewhat. I don't know if I want to do that right now. I've also had exciting potential opportunities come my way based on what I've done on YouTube, and if I don't give myself a chance to see where those lead, I'll be forever wondering. Tyler also has some great things happening with his job right now that are keeping him busy. My mom always says, once you have kids, your life will change forever. I know I'll want that change at some point, but I don't think I'm ready for it right now.
back in my cheerleading days!
6. Katy: "What was your first job?"
- I taught gymnastics and tumbling to 3 to 5 year olds at the YMCA near my hometown. I did that during the spring/summer in high school and college. It was so fun, plus it was an awesome place to practice tumbling for cheerleading! I remember leading a warm-up for the kids known as "Mousercize"- we'd pop in a tape and Mickey Mouse's voice was leading us through. I think I still remember how it goes...
7. Kate: "When are you going to do a US road trip so I can meet you? (Is that not the best idea EVER???)"
- That IS an awesome idea! Beauty Broadcast on tour! Maybe Simon Cowell would let me borrow his tour bus. That thing is pimped out!! This would seriously be a dream one day :)
8. Angie: "If you were not a news anchor, what other job would you like to do?"
- Probably a teacher. I come from a family of teachers and I have TONS of respect for what teachers do. I'd have to have a mandatory makeup tutorial class though. LOL.
9. Roshni: "What do you dress like when you're at home?"
- Extremely casual! I change out of my dress pants almost immediately when I get home from work. 90% of the time when you see me doing a makeup video, I have sweat pants or yoga pants on my bottom half!
10. Blanca: "Emily do you ever get recognized on the streets while doing random things such as shopping or anything else?"
- Yes... around here it's usually because of the news. I like it when people say hi! Usually their next comment is, wow- you're shorter than I thought! (gotta love the adjustable chairs on the set that make me as tall as my co-anchor Kevin!) There have been some times where someone knows me from YouTube. One of the strangest moments was at a bar when a guy came up to me saying he recognized me from when his daughter watched me on YouTube. haha!
11. Veronica "What are you afraid of?"
- I'm afraid of anything tragic happening to a family member.
12. Roni "Would you rather ride a unicorn or a wooly mammoth?"
- Definitely a unicorn! Who could turn that down?
13. Dyna "What's the weirdest comment you ever got on YouTube?"
- Anything pertaining to plastic surgery. Questions about if I've had a boob job, nose job, botox, etc. I always wonder... what's making someone ask that question?? FYI, the answer to all of the above is no.
14. Lisa "What are your favorite non beauty-related things to do on your down time?"
- Napping, watching TV (X-Factor, Breaking Bad, and It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia are some of my current favorites), going shopping or going out with Tyler, cooking, and playing hide & seek with Cupcake (yes, she'll really come find me!)
15. Jessica "How many pillows do you use when you sleep?"
- I have 2 under my head and then a big pillow that I "hug" -kind of like a body pillow. I go to bed early because of my job, so the large pillow fills in before my 6'6" human body pillow named Tyler comes in. And at some point, a small furry pillow named Cupcake appears on my body somewhere.
One of my favorite pictures.
16. Jennifer "Would you ever get a second pet and what would it be?"
- We would... but Tyler is on "team dog" and I'm on "team cat" right now. I'm gonna say Cupcake is also on "team cat" so it's 2 versus 1!
17. Jennifer "Are there ever days (not work days of course!) that you don't wear any makeup at all & just go natural?"
- I pretty much wear makeup every day. When I'm not wearing it for news, I'm wearing it because I'm shooting a makeup video. And I don't do it reluctantly! I honestly love putting on makeup and trying new things. I love those off days when I can really take my time and have fun with it. I'd be ok with walking out of the house without makeup, but I just really enjoy the act of putting it on. That's why YouTube and blogging never seems like work :)
18. Maricela "You always seem so proper, it's one of my favorite things about you! Do you ever get a momentary sailor mouth?"
- I don't swear a lot, but yes, it'll happen every now and then! I can't let it fly too often... if I get in the habit of it, I'd probably let a bad word slip on the news!
19. Megan "What's your favorite cocktail?"
- I'd go for a draft Bud Light (I often find myself in a group of guys), a Washington Apple shot, or a Daquiri of some sort. I can't handle a whole lot of sweet stuff. The Skinny Girl drinks are pretty good too!
20. Erica "How do you fit in your day work schedule and all the blogging/videos? Must be exhausting :)"
- Well, I can't remember the last time I sat around and said I was bored! :) I don't always do everything in one day. Sometimes I'll shoot a video and edit it- and then upload it on another day. Or spend a day coming up with ideas and a "strategy" for the video- and then doing all the rest on another day. So splitting up the tasks seems to make it easier on me. Just uploading can take as many as 4 hours, so it's something you kind of have to plan out. But I'm definitely doing something beauty-related every day. Usually for hours. And it's because I absolutely love it. I sincerely enjoy the creative process, and also the interaction I get to have with people whom I respect and enjoy. So many positive things have come from the YouTube/blogging world. It's a real blessing to get to pour so much of myself into something I love. It's amazing that people have responded with so much interest and kindness!
- As if you wanted to read one more thing about me! LOL.
- Been drinking lots of water today, go me!
- I like Pad Thai better when it's room temperature as opposed to piping hot.
- Gotta upload Shopping List Ideas tomorrow... tried to do it today but the internet was NOT my friend!