5 Daily Use Products
Hi everyone! I just spent about 10 minutes standing around in my makeup room trying to figure out what to blog about for my daily post! Seems about right... after all, we're on day 23 of Non-Stop November! I decided it might be fun to pick out 5 products that I tend to use every single day, no matter what. I have a large makeup collection with a lot of products to choose from... I'll switch out foundations, concealers, eye makeup, cheek colors, and lip colors almost daily. But I realized, there are some products that I continue to use every day, regardless of the other products I change. I'd wear these products if it were a random day at work, a day shopping, or a night on the red carpet (if that ever happened! haha). They just work. So here you go!
left to right: Maybelline Define-a-Brow, L'oreal Double Extend Eye Illuminator, Bare Minerals Summer Bisque, IT Cosmetics My Sculpted Face Palette, Mally Beauty Poreless Face Defender.
- Bare Minerals Summer Bisque... I've talked about this a lot, but it's a highly concentrated mineral powder that can be used alone as a full coverage concealer... my favorite way to use it is to set any cream based under-eye concealer I'm using. It instantly makes the area under my eyes bright and matte, and it doesn't settle into lines or make things look too dry. It comes in a range of shades- mine happens to be Summer Bisque. The coverage is impeccable. The few tiny granules of the product that you see here are all I have left... I'm waiting for the jumbo sized version to arrive from QVC any day now! I have a video on this product, if you'd like to check it out!
- IT Cosmetics My Sculpted Face Palette... Another QVC find... this is the palette I reach for daily to give my face more shape. It comes with 5 matte colors, including one matte highlight, and then a shimmery highlight. I often use the shade in the lower left hand corner to contour my cheeks, and the shade above that to contour any other areas (nose, forehead, etc.) The matte highlight is genius. It gives great dimension and contrast to the contours, without adding lots of shine. Great for times when I'm on air, but even when I'm not... I just don't feel right not using this! I have a video on this, too.
- L'oreal Double Extend Eye Illuminator... I have this double-ended pencil in a deep purple/cream shade. I pretty much only use it for the cream-colored end to line my lower inner rim when I want to look more awake. When your wake up call comes at 1:30 in the morning, you have to resort to tricks like this. I used to use a brighter white pencil from Rimmel to do this job, but for the past couple of months, I've been using this pencil... the cream color is less stark, but REALLY opens up the eye. I also don't have any irritation in my waterline when I use it and the texture is just really creamy. I'll sometimes use the plum, but frankly, I think this pencil is worth it just for the light-colored end. You don't see many (if any) liners that color in the drugstore.
- Maybelline Define-a-Brow (dark brown)... You can't really tell by the picture, but this is a super duper fine pencil. It's just the right color for my brows, and while I don't require a ton of product on my brows (they're kind of full as-is), I still want whatever I use to look totally natural. I add some definition with this, and cover a small scar. I have no issues with the staying power, it doesn't feel greasy, and it has a little comb at one end that I'll sometimes use. I also usually finish my brow filling with a clear brow gel to keep things in place.
- Mally Poreless Face Defender... This is a one of a kind product in my makeup collection! It's the last thing that touches my face before I go on the air in the mornings, and it's also my touch-up product. Basically- it's clear and you blot it on with a sponge... the blotting- not swiping- is key. If you're starting to get oily- this seems to eliminate the oil- leaving a satin finish to the skin. Think of it as an alternative to a pressed powder that can tend to look thick when you keep adding more & more. I describe this more in my Mally Favorites video!
- Just watched last night's X-Factor... cried more than a few times. Can't believe how emotional some of the contestants' stories are.
- Thank you SO much for the kind comments, tweets, etc. on my Thanksgiving video! I always expect to take some jabs from at least a few people in my videos, but I'm extra grateful that people have been nice to my family members. And thanks to my family for putting up with my shenanigans!
- Cupcake is being a food snob.
- Who else is working on Thanksgiving & Black Friday? :)