Eye of the Day: Soft & Smokey
Hello everyone! Hope you're having a good Saturday. Just wanted to take a minute to share today's eye look with you. Instead of using one palette, I was just playing around and pulled in a lot of random products (including one of the first eye palettes I ever used from Cover Girl!) The pictures don't really give off the warmth that this eye look has... but hopefully by seeing the products you can get a pretty good idea of what's going on. I see this as a good day or night look.
On my lips- I'm wearing Revlon Lip Butter in Creme Brulee, MAC lip pencil in Whirl, and MAC Lip Glass in Nymphette. The lip butter provides a nude base, the liner deepens things up a little, and the gloss gives a gold-toned shine.
- Following primer, I used my Mally Evercolor Shadow Stick in Saddle Shimmer (a brownish bronze) all over my lids, and also on my lower lashline.
- Then I used the center shade in the Cover Girl Shimmering Sands trio all over my lids.
- Using a fluffy crease brush, I blended the deepest shade in the CG trio in the crease.
- I used the NYX single shadow in Sensual (the square shaped shadow in the pic) to create a bit of an "outer V" toward the outer corner of each eye.
- MAC Twinks is a pretty warm brown with shimmer- so I blended that just above the crease with a fluffy brush so it would be barely visible with my eyes open. (it's the round single furthest to the left)
- I used MAC Handwritten- a matte brown- with a pencil brush on the outer part of the lower lashline for some more definition on top of the Mally Shadow Stick.
- I highlighted just under the brow and around the tear duct with the lightest shade in the CG trio.
- I lined my waterline & upper lashline with Physician's Formula Shimmer Strips eyeliner for brown eyes... it came in a trio- and I used the black one for this look. Then I used a pencil brush to top the upper liner with NYX Sensual- it made the liner look a bit softer.
- On my upper lashes, I used a sample size of Estee Lauder Sumptuous mascara... it did a nice job of providing length without the "funky ends"- as I call them.
- I used Maybelline Lash Discovery mascara on my lower lashes for clump-free definition.
Hope you enjoy this look! It was definitely the result of having some extra time to play around with my makeup application this morning... something I don't always have the chance to do on weekdays! It's after 5pm at this point- and I must say, this eye look had really good staying power. I credit the Mally Evercolor Shadow sticks... you can put them on the lower lashline & they'll stay without adding anything else... and yet if you DO put something on top of them, they help it all last longer. And I never have creasing issues when I use them on my lids. Woohoo!
- Finally got batteries back in my flameless candles around the house!
- Got most of my outdoor Christmas decorating done... it's nothing too extensive. But when it came to the lighted garland I put around the front door- half of it wouldn't light. :(
- Been watching the Alabama-Auburn football game... gotta say, it's not very exciting.
- Started hearing Christmas music again on the radio this afternoon! :)