Hey friends! Hope you're having a good week! I'm still dealing with a cold, but all things considered, I'm ok! I wanted to write a quick blog on something I know I've mentioned before... but I thought it deserved more explanation. I think we've all tried foundations that weren't quite right for us. A common scenario for me is that I'll love the look of a foundation when I first put it on, but then it looks not so good by the end of the day. For the news, I need both coverage and staying power... and there's a certain foundation that can give me just that!
Revlon Colorstay foundation is regarded by many as a very long-wearing formula. It comes in two varieties depending on your skin type... Normal/Dry or Combination/Oily (my type). Sometimes if I wear this foundation alone, it can feel a bit thick, so I counteract that by applying it with a damp makeup sponge. The result is a really long-wearing foundation that keeps oil around my t-zone at bay. Lately, one of my FAVORITE ways to wear this foundation is in combination with other foundations that I've found to be less than long-wearing. Not only am I improving staying power, but I'm getting use out of products I initially thought weren't so great! I'll do it in one of two ways...
- Combine foundations first- Sometimes I'll just tap a little Colorstay on my hand along with a second foundation, mix them together, and then apply them all over my face.
- Pre-contour on the face- My color in Colorstay (Fresh Beige) is often just a bit light for my skin tone. So sometimes- with my finger- I'll just dot the foundation in areas I want to highlight- down the nose, center of the forehead, under the eyes, and chin. Then I'll apply a different foundation on my temples, jaw, etc. After that I use a brush (usually the Sigma F80) to blend over the Colorstay portions and then the other areas. The result not only looks blended, but really natural due to the color variation.
In case you were wondering, a few of the foundations I've successfully used with Colorstay include...
- Maybelline Dream Liquid Mousse
- Maybelline Fit Me Foundation
- Cover Girl Nature Luxe Foundation
- Revlon PhotoReady Foundation
- Neutrogena Healthy Skin
- L'oreal True Match
In some cases, these are foundations that don't have very good staying power or coverage, but in terms of Revlon PhotoReady and Neutrogena Healthy Skin... I think these are good foundations on their own, but I like how they balance out Colorstay. The end result with all of these combos is a look that keeps looking fresh at the end of my work day. Thanks for reading!
- Spent a lot of the afternoon editing a video that I thought would be so simple! I've noticed I have a tendency of getting big ideas and making things complicated. Hopefully it's cool when I finish & upload tomorrow!
- I recorded the Robin Roberts "In the Spotlight" special she did on several country music stars. Just watched it & really enjoyed it!
- I find this whole Penn State sexual abuse scandal so disturbing and disappointing.
- Time to take another cold pill & get some rest.