Gold Confetti Nails!
Hi everyone! We've made it to Friday! And since I don't have any confetti to throw in the air to celebrate, I'm painting it on my nails! I actually did this a few days ago... after my Wet n Wild limited edition Color Icon polish in 24 Carats lasted a whopping 2 days. That was the polish I had on in my last couple of videos. Due to the premature chipping- I felt the need to polish my nails AGAIN with sparkly gold. And this look is more unique and more long-wearing.
Took this pic of my nails during a commercial break during our morning newscast this week. Just in case you were wondering how I stay entertained during those moments :) It's basically a neutral base coat with a chunky glitter on top. I feel it's prettier in person, and much more reflective than the picture shows.
- I applied 2 coats of Essence Colour & Go nail polish in Irreplaceable. This polish is like a light taupe/beige with gold-toned sparkle... but the glitter in it is pretty subtle.
- Then topped it with one coat of Milani Jewel FX polish in Gold. Since the glitter pieces are so large, it can be a little tricky to apply, and you might have to spend a little extra time spreading the pieces out on your nail so they don't end up in a clump. I'm not much of a nail genius & it was still pretty easy. Yay!
- Finished it off with a coat of Milani Glosse Top Coat... this one is just slightly thicker than some other top coats I have, so I feel like it makes rough, glittery textures more smooth- and therefore, less prone to chips.
- I was in the beauty section of Target this evening (shocker!) and ran into a loyal Beauty Broadcast & News 3 This Morning viewer! She was beautiful and so nice!! Totally made my day.
- Hot finds at Target: Label maker (Tyler) and mini kabuki Ecotools brush set (me!) You can bet you'll be seeing those in a blog sometime soon! oh, and while at Target I randomly get a call from mom saying she can't find Boots No. 7 skincare in her Target. Mine had one set left of what she needed. Problem solved!
- Did some major napping this afternoon.