Hi everybody! Well, we made it to the end of November! I think the Non-Stop November blog posts went pretty well! (We'll forget about the 2 days I missed due to crazy work schedule/migraine headache, etc., right?) It was definitely good for me to get consistent with blogging... even when the blogs were just something small like sparkly tweezers or a new nail polish. I'm going to try to stay consistent with it. I mean, it can be pretty hard to do it daily, but I'm going to make it my mission to not have any lengthy gaps. As always, I'll update Twitter and Facebook when there is a new post. Meanwhile... on with the current blog! 'Tis the season for minty beauty products! I've rounded up my favorites...
Mint seems to be one of those polarizing scents in the beauty world. Some people love it, and others can't stand it. Judging by the amount of products I sifted through in order to find my favorite minty beauty products... I'd say I'm a fan! It's the time of year when a lot of limited edition mint-scented products come out, but I also have some minty things that are sold all the time. Here's a quick rundown of the products you see pictured above (left to right as they appear...)
- Philosophy Candy Cane Foaming Bubble Bath & Shower Gel... Talk about a STRONG mint scent! I got this for Christmas last year, and it's definitely an invigorating product to use in the shower! It'll clear your sinuses and leave you feeling crisp & clean. I know it's available at QVC.com, and probably other retailers where Philosophy is sold. FYI- Suave recently came out with some limited edition body washes for less than $2 apiece at Wal-Mart. One is a mint scent... and judging by the quick whiff I took in the store, it's very comparable to Philosophy's Candy Cane. (I purchased Holiday Pear & Candy Apple... more to come on those in a future blog).
- Bath & Body Works Twisted Peppermint Triple Moisture Body Cream... This is a super popular seasonal scent at B&BW. I must say, I really like it too. This lotion is really rich & feels almost tingly on the skin post-shower.
- Bath & Body Works Twisted Peppermint Body Mist... In my mint craze of 2010, I also picked up the body mist from B&BW. I just used this... it strikes me as less of a strong mint, and more of a sweet mint scent. I sense some vanilla in it, but not too much. It's a very clean, refreshing scent.
- Crest 3D White tooth paste... Here's my no brainer! But I seriously love this toothpaste. I don't really use whitening products anymore... just this twice a day. There's nothing exceptional about the minty qualities of this toothpaste... it just tastes/smells like mint and I happen to love it- so into the blog it goes!
- EOS Smooth Sphere Lip Balm in Sweet Mint... This is the little light-green ball you see in the picture. It's the lip balm I keep on my bedside table and use every night before bed. Much like the Twisted Peppermint Body Mist, this isn't a strong, clear your sinuses mint. It's softer, sweeter, and has the fantastic texture that many of us love EOS lip balms for... they're moisturizing without feeling greasy. Plus they just look awesome! I find EOS balms at Walgreens, Wal-Mart, and various other drug/discount stores. (Caution: cats may mistake these for toys!)
- ChapStick Candy Cane Lip Balm... I found this limited edition balm at Walgreens. All I can say is... mint wimps might as well steer clear of this puppy. It's STRONG. You will feel quite the tingle on your lips, and I like it! Despite the super minty scent & flavor and the festive packaging... it's the same texture as the classic Chapstick balms.
- Bare Escentuals Buxom Lip Gloss... This Sephora product is known to leave lips looking plump, shiny, and colorful... but also quite minty! You will feel the tingle with this one. It's not a painful tingle by any means, but it's noticeable. When you smell it, it's not like a classic peppermint scent... in fact, I think it just smells more sweet than minty, but the FEEL of mint is totally there. The color shown here is "Denise"... I got it in a gift set last year. These glosses are a little on the thick side, but I find that they have terrific staying power.
I know there are other products out there that are minty, but these are my favorites. Do you like minty scents/flavors in your beauty products?
- Have you ever eaten out to keep from dirtying your freshly cleaned kitchen? That was me & Tyler tonight.
- Posted a video today on "Rediscovered" favorites. I think I'll be doing more of this.
- I interviewed a woman on the morning show today who brought in a paralyzed opossum.
- I could always feel that the bottoms of my feet were getting dry & rough, but I just caught a glimpse... DANG! I need to do something about that.