Hello everyone! Do you ever watch a YouTube video and then run to your makeup area because you've just been inspired? That happened to me today. Well, I didn't actually run to my makeup room. Anyway, I saw not one, but two videos QueenofBlendingMUA did on her channel using the Wet n Wild Vanity palette.
Story time! When these 6-color palettes first came out from Wet n Wild, I didn't immediately purchase this one. At first glance, I thought the colors were common and I didn't think I needed it. My mom was actually looking for matte neutral shadows, so we picked this up for her at one point, and she enjoys it. Then, time passed and I figured I could never go wrong with an even split of matte & shimmer neutrals all in one palette... so I got it for myself. It's only gotten occasional use, but after watching QueenofBlending's artful use of the matte colors, I thought I needed to give it another shot.
As you can see- the left side is matte, and the right side is shimmery. If you watched my video on the latest Wet n Wild products, you know that some of these shades overlap with the new I ♥ Matte palette. Anyway... my look isn't exactly what QueenofBlending did, but I used mostly the matte side and was SO pleased with the texture, blendability, and tone of these colors.
- I applied the lightest matte shade on the inner part of the lid, and as a highlight
- I used the medium matte brown on the center of the lid...
- Then I added the dark matte brown on the outer part of the lid, and in the outer V area.
- Blended out the darkness with a bit more of the medium shade.
- Smudged the shimmery brown on the lower lashline...
- Added a very fine line of black liner to the upper lashline & black mascara to the upper & lower lashes... I'm really enjoying Almay's Get up & Grow mascara! :)
- My lips are Revlon Matte Lipstick in Stormy Pink with a clear gloss on top.
Hope you enjoyed this look! It's just so natural and really plays off of the natural tones in your skin to create some really nice contours. Works great with any lip color you choose! I plan to do an all matte tutorial- probably using the Wet n Wild I ♥ Matte palette very soon! :)
- I don't think I'm going to call it a no-buy... but through Christmas I'm planning to cut back on new makeup purchases. I just made a basket of things in my collection I'm going to make a point to use in the coming week.
- Hope you had a chance to see the new video I posted this morning! :)
- It has continued to be SO WINDY today! wowza!
- I think it's time for a little hot tea. Have a good night!