Seasonal Shower Gels
Hi everyone! I'm so excited I've kept up with my Non-Stop November blog posts so far! :) I get most of my best ideas when I'm in the shower (why that is, I don't know), but that's where the idea for this blog post comes from. I'm a big fan of shower products, and while there are tons of great scents, some brands put out some special, seasonal scents now and then.
To prevent the need for a storage container within the shower (can you imagine?!), I took some of my more fruity & tropical scented body washes out, and replaced them with a couple of my favorite Christmas scents from last year. I plan to keep this kind of rotation going, because I can't get through a whole shower gel in a season, and it seems new again when I make the switch! Here are a few of the special shower gels I'm using for the season...
- Philosophy Candy Cane... I got this for Christmas last year. It smells exactly the way you think it would... smooth, strong peppermint. Probably the mintiest mint-scented thing I've smelled with the exception of Altoids. It has a little sweetness to it too, and it's just a really invigorating body wash. Use it in the morning to perk yourself up, or if you have a cold like me, take a whiff and clear your sinuses!
- Philosophy Snow Angel... This is a new body wash for me- it came in the most recent QVC Beauty Test Tube (if you can't find those on the QVC website right now- they're out of stock. I'll let you know if I see them again). Over the years I've tried a variety of yummy Philosophy body washes, and this doesn't rank high in terms of being unique, but it is something a the dude in your life could use and still feel very dude-like. It's very fresh, clean, and crisp... kind of like a breath of fresh air. Really clean, but definitely seems like a unisex scent to me.
- Softsoap Holiday Cookie... This is another shower gel I found last year... not sure if this same scent will be available this year, or if Softsoap will put out new scents. This is described as a combination of vanilla, brown sugar, and a hint of ginger. It's just a really yummy scent. I'm a sucker for products that smell like baked goods.
Question: What shower gels do you love to use during the fall/winter months?
- I enjoyed making a Paula Deen reference in my Revlon Lip Butter video. It took me 2 afternoons to edit, but I'm so happy with the way it turned out. It was worth the extra time.
- Tyler made sweet potato fries. He makes THE BEST sweet potato fries!
- Still dealing with that pesky cold, but I think it's improving.
- Episodes of Seinfeld never get old for me.
- There's a Disney event happening tomorrow in my area, so today I got to do a segment on the morning show with Cinderella, Snow White, and a dwarf :)
- Tomorrow is Friday!