Hey friends! Welcome back to NON-STOP NOVEMBER! I mentioned in my last blog post that I'm planning to blog every single day in November. I also asked for some catchy titles for my new endeavor... many of you offered up lots of good ones! NovEMber was super clever! But quite a few people also suggested Non-Stop November, which I really liked and thought that if anyone else chooses to start blogging every day in November- they could use that title too! :)
In other news... if I were to declare a "top story" on my YouTube channel, it would have to be my video on the new Wet n Wild palettes... the matte, baked, and glitter collections. I've had lots of fun playing with these palettes over the last couple of weeks, so if you haven't yet checked out my review- here you go! :)
When hundreds of people are commenting on videos like this, it can be difficult to keep up and answer everyone... but I thought I'd scan through the comments, see what some popular or interesting questions were- and do a mini FAQ thing right here on the blog. I think this might be a useful thing to do for future videos as well, just to follow-up and clarify things.
- Can you do a tutorial for the look you're wearing?
- Can I see your nail polish collection?
- Maybe you could talk to Wet n Wild and see if they'll start selling their products in Australia.
Answer: I know it's frustrating that Wet n Wild isn't available all over. People in various locations around the world may not have access to it. I'm assuming the brand probably has some limitations in terms of how much they can afford to produce, but I'm definitely open to asking if there are plans to expand this brand down the road. They've been good about answering my questions in the past regarding the sale of limited edition collections. I will report back!
- Can you do eyeshadows wet with a regular brush or only a sponge tip?
Answer: If you want to dampen a brush and apply them wet- you definitely can. In fact, if I were going to use one of the darker shades as a liner, I would definitely use a brush (like an angled liner brush) to apply it wet on my eyes. I just find that sponge tips absorb water nicely, and give such full-coverage color to the lid. Brushes are great for blending, but when I'm just wanting to lay down color that's wet- I don't necessarily want to do a lot of blending at that moment. With the look I'm wearing, I did use a brush to blend dry shades in the crease.
- Can you wear other kinds of eyeshadows wet besides just baked?
As far as wearing other shades wet... I remember trying that with a Cover Girl shadow awhile back, and the texture of the product didn't return to normal... it got really hard. So I suppose it depends on the formulation of the particular shadow. I haven't tried it with lots of other shadows, but when it comes to baked shadows or loose pigments that you can just tap out- I've had no issues wearing them wet.
- What hair dye did you use to get this color?
Right now my hair is my natural color. It hasn't been colored since this past Spring, I believe. It might appear lighter or darker depending on the light coming through the window, but I've only ever used semi-permanent color, and I'm almost positive that's faded out by now. The color I've used in the past is VERY close to my natural color, and I would just use it to give my fine hair some added texture. It was Clairol Natural Instincts in Ebony Mocha. (I tried straight up black once, but I think it was a bit much for me). My hair lightens up a lot in the sun, so I didn't bother coloring in the summer. I'll probably do it again sometime soon- that particular hair color makes my hair so silky.
- Are the glitter creams comparable to MAC paint pots?
No. MAC Paint Pots are very long wearing, and can sometimes be worn on their own in thin layers without getting all creasy. These glitter palettes are not long wearing at all.
- Just posted a super quick OOTD video.
- I think I have a temporary addiction to tomato soup with croutons. I love how croutons soak up the soup without dissolving.
- Why does Pitbull call himself "Mr. Worldwide?" I mean, what's that all about?
- I stepped on a 3-hole punch (don't ask me why it was on the floor by the couch) and it hurt like crazy. Thank goodness it didn't punch 3 holes in my foot.
- I think this might be the most random edition of Daily Nuggets ever.