Natural Weekend FOTD
Hey guys! :) I am so ready to get back to some normal blogging! It's been all Emily Awards for the past few blogs, and it's been good- because I want everyone to have a printable resource of favorite products. But I'm glad to start having time for more reviews and FOTD's. I was really happy with yesterday's natural makeup look, so I wanted to share what I used. Of course, I call it "natural" but I still used a zillion products. :) Testing some new things out! And because I think skin plays a huge role in this look- I wanted to pay special attention to those products...
- The night before this pic, I used my Dr. Dennis Gross Alpha Beta Glow pads- which not only make my skin FEEL amazing, but they give such a natural glow (they contain sunless tanner). My skin hasn't seen much sun all winter, but I love what just one of these pads did overnight. They also have enough "juice" to take the pads down the neck and chest.
- I used my Neutrogena Healthy Skin Anti Wrinkle Cream SPF 15-- this is a new moisturizer I'm trying out that contains retinol. It's also oil free & fragrance free.
- Then I used Rimmel Fix & Perfect Pro primer to seal it all in and even out my skin texture.
- Also- for almost the past month, I've been using my Clarisonic Mia 3 times a week. I've been easing into the routine, since I've heard sometimes the skin has to adjust & I wanted to lessen the chance of any weird reactions. I feel like my skin is brighter & smoother than it used to be.
- Boots No. 7 Stay Perfect Foundation in New Ivory (seems like this line runs dark?)
- Maybelline Instant Age Rewind Eraser concealer in light (undereye)
- Bare Minerals Bisque (to set concealer)
- Laura Geller the Real Deal concealer (nose, sun spots)
- MAC Studio Fix Powder (lightly, to set foundation)
- It Cosmetics My Sculpted Face Palette (cheekbones, jaw, forehead)
- NYX Blush in Mocha (medium pink color)
- LORAC Perfectly Lit powder in Spotlight (highlight)
- Urban Decay All Nighter setting spray
- NYX HD Eyeshadow Base
- Physician's Formula Shimmer Strips in Nude Eyes (champagne shade on lid & around inner corner, brown lightly in crease, black on outer corner of lower lashline)
- Tarte EmphasEyes Aqua Gel liner pencil in Navy (upper lashline)
- Jordana Best Lash Extreme Mascara
- Maybelline Define-a-Brow in dark brown
- Kat Von D Painted Love lipstick in Celebutard (light pink-toned nude)
- Bare Escentuals Buxom gloss in Leslie (sheer champagne gloss)
As you can see, my FOTD is made up of some old favorite makeup products, as well as some new ones I'm trying. This was my first time using the Boots No. 7 foundation, and lately I've been loving the Physician's Formula Nude Eyes eyeshadows. I'm loving the lip combo, and both came from this Sephora Favorites: Give Me Some Lip Vol. 2 kit- which I LOVE and got to try a bunch of new lip products for $25.
- Seems like it's been ages since I've done daily nuggets!
- Happy Birthday to my MOM today!!! I love you!
- I've been doing a good job of eating healthy... this past Friday marked 3 weeks with no candy (not even on weekends). I also have a new workout routine that is amazingly fast, but really effective... I'll do more on that soon if you're interested.
- I cannot even express how busy the Emily Awards have made me. This is by far the most time I've ever put into a YouTube project. I spent so much time editing, shooting, uploading, and just figuring out the content of the videos. But I am more thrilled than ever with how they came out. Thanks for watching!
- I produced and anchored the morning show by myself today... which basically entails writing and arranging all the stories. I was so nervous that I made sure to get in super early. Got somewhere around 3 hours of sleep.... it's really like being on a different schedule entirely, and my body and mind weren't ready for it. I just kept waking up worried about it, wishing I could just get in and get it over with. But with the news, you really can't prepare in advance- you just have to do it. Thank goodness everything went ok. My co-anchor & producer were at a wrestling event together. Tomorrow when I wake up at 1:20am, it'll be like I'm sleeping in- yay.
- I watched not one, but two Lifetime movies yesterday while uploading my 2011 Makeup Fails video twice (the first upload attempt almost made it, but failed). The stuff the people were dealing with in the movies made my upload frustration seem like MUCH less of a big deal.
- Looks like I had a lot to share! LOL. This was therapeutic. Have a great week everyone!