- Get more sleep. On my schedule, I tend to let tweeting, TV watching, blogging, and YouTubing drift into the time when I should be in bed for my 1:30 a.m. wake up. Whether it's napping in the afternoon or just an earlier bed time, I need to make sure I'm getting enough sleep.
- Drink more water! I swear, I resolve to do this about once a month and it never seems to stick. I hear about all of the health & beauty benefits to drinking lots of water, but honestly, I haven't ever really felt like I'm drinking enough to get those benefits! So I'm making it happen this time!
- Work-out consistently & eat healthy. These two kind of go hand-in-hand as things I struggle with. I was thinking today about how great I was about working out when I was a college cheerleader. And I really liked it! Now I've gotten out of the habit of doing it with consistency. I tend to rationalize this by being busy with a full time job, YouTube, etc. But if I make it a priority, I know I can fit in workouts a few times a week. And as far as eating goes, even after 3+ years on my morning news shift- it still feels strange to eat something soon after waking up at 1:30 a.m. But I'm going to make myself have my daily protein shakes.
- Staying appreciative. Sometimes I get so caught up in a fast-paced, busy day that I don't just stop and fully appreciate what's happening. I'm getting to do what I love, and I'm surrounded by people I love. I also have an extended family through Beauty Broadcast, and I love the ability to connect with so many people. So while I can tend to be very task-oriented, trying to do as much as possible, I need to just "enjoy the ride".
- Be more diligent about moisturizing before bed!
- Get out of my black eyeliner rut and use some colors.
- Continue to "shop my stash"- making sure I'm using what I have.
- Take some (small) risks with TV news makeup.
- Blog with more consistency.
- Organize meet-ups this year!
Thanks for reading! Here's hoping I can make these resolutions part of my life in the new year! Do you have anything specific you hope to accomplish in 2012? What are the keys to keeping resolutions? I'd love to hear your advice! :)