A Great Weekend... and Inspiration for the Week Ahead
Hey everyone! Hope you had an enjoyable weekend! My mom and dad were down to visit and we had a great time. Mom and I even fit in a couple of videos- I posted one of them today on her favorite beauty products! :) We also went out to eat at one of the best BBQ restaurants ever (17th St. Bar & Grill- featured on Food Network!) and Tyler and dad did lots of golfing. Oh yeah, mom and I also constructed this wreath for my front door... I shot some video of the process-- hopefully it was enough bits & pieces to show how it was done! I'll probably post that on the vlog channel soon.
Mom also passed along this clipping from the local newspaper in my hometown, titled "A Great Recipe for Life" and I thought a lot of the tips were really great.... some good things to reflect on before another busy week and I wanted to share them with you! I wish I knew who to give credit to... but the article has no author posted, so I'll say this post is courtesy of the Hancock County Quill :)
- Take a 10-30 minute walk every day. And while you walk, smile. It is the ultimate anti-depressant.
- Sit in silence for at least 10 minutes each day. Talk to God about what is going on in your life. Buy a lock if you have to!
- When you wake up in the morning complete the following statement: "My purpose is to......... today. I am thankful for.........."
- Eat more foods that grow on trees and plants and eat less food that is manufactured in plants.
- Drink green tea and plenty of water. Eat blueberries, wild Alaskan salmon, broccoli, almonds, and walnuts.
- Try to make at least three people smile each day.
- Don't waste your precious energy on gossip, energy vampires, issues of the past, negative thoughts or things you cannot control. Instead invest your energy in the positive present moment.
- Eat breakfast like a king, lunch like a prince, and dinner like a college kid with a maxed out charge card.
- Life isn't fair, but it's still good.
- Life is too short to waste time hating anyone.
- Don't take yourself too seriously.
- You are not so important that you have to win every argument. Agree to disagree.
- Make peace with your past so it won't spoil the present.
- Don't compare your life to others. You have no idea what their journey is all about.
- No one is in charge of your happiness except you. No one can take it away; don't let them!
- Frame every so-called disaster with these words: "In five years, will this matter?"
- Forgive everyone for everything.
- What other people think of you is none of your business.
- God heals everything- but you have to ask Him.
- However good or bad a situation is, it will change.
- Your job won't take care of you when you are sick. Your friends will. Stay in touch!
- Envy is a waste of time. You already have all you need.
- Each night before you go to bed complete the following statements: "I am thankful for......... today I accomplished............"
- Remember that you are too blessed to be stressed.
- When you are feeling down, start listing your many blessings. You'll be smiling before you know it."
Whew! That's a lot of things to think about! I think I'll be looking back on this often. What are your favorite points on this list? I love the "fill in the blank" statements to think about at the start and end of the day, and "don't take yourself too seriously".... words to live by! Thanks for stopping by my blog & I hope you have a great week! :)