Jane Makeup Haul from Hautelook!
Hello friends! Remember a brand called jane? It was probably one of my first drugstore obsession brands back in high school (late '90's, early 2000's). I loved their products, including duo lip balms in delicious flavors, and the Eye Zing eyeshadows! OMG! It was before I even knew to describe something as "pigmented"... I just knew the Eye Zing shadows were different from what I found in other drugstore brands!
Then the brand slowly seemed to disappear from any store near me. If I was traveling and roamed into a drugstore, I might run into the brand again (and freak out in the aisle), but for the most part, I reasoned with the fact that I wouldn't experience any satisfying amount of jane makeup again. But several weeks ago, jane went on MAJOR sale on Hautelook, which is a website that features new discounted brands everyday. (Keep in mind, jane is not likely available on the site anymore-- products go out of stock very quickly). Products were marked down big time, in most cases more than half off. I stocked up!! I just got the order in a couple days ago and haven't had much of a chance to try things.. but here's a look at what I got! Some things were favorites from back in the day, and other items (like the certified organic AguaCeuticals line) are completely new to me!
- AguaCeuticals Aguaglow Bronzer... (There's no shade name on this)... Reminds me at first glance of Physician's Formula Shimmer Strips. I love how this type of product can act as both a bronzer and individual eyeshadows.
- Staying Powder in Medium... A great loose powder that I used to use a long time ago! I haven't been using a lot of loose powder since I ran out of my Mary Kay Signature Loose powder, which I loved.
- No Show Oil-Free Concealer in Light... A concealer that appears to be creamy, with full coverage. I don't remember ever using this in the past, but a quick swatch on my hand makes me think this could be a really good product.
- Shimmering Blush in Peony... A pink blush with varying tones that you can swirl together. Doesn't seem to be extremely pigmented, but could be a nice highlight.
- Oil-Free Bronzing Powder in Terracotta... One of the first matte bronzers I ever remember using! It's coming off a little orangey in the pic... but rest assured this is a quality bronzer! :)
- AguaCeuticals Aguashimmer Eyeshadow... (No shade name on this)- contains 3 matte neutrals and a shimmery cranberry color. I think I'm going to get a lot of use out of this kit!
- Eye Zing Eye Mixers in Nirvana... This is the long palette in the top center. Love the Eye Zing shadows in palette form!! These are all kind of a satin/shimmer finish, except for the cream and brown on the right side, which are matte. I like how all Eye Zing shades have a name (they're listed on the back)- and whether they're sold single or in a palette, you know exactly what shade it is... it's never just a random color.
- Eye Zing Mix & Match 6-color palettes in Manhattan Tones and Baja Tones... The Manhattan palette on the left contains shades of green, mauve, plum, bronze, and a white highlight. I've been wanting to try more olive looks, so I thought this one would be fun. And Baja Tones just screams summer! I think the gold & turquoise- paired with the neutrals in this kit- will be so interesting. I love that jane palettes always seem to have AT LEAST one matte color!
- Eye Zing Shadow Collection... These six circular duos & singles were boxed up and sold together. All of the shades look great- except the blue color was broken. Given all the products I bought, I'm not too disappointed by one broken shadow! I swatched a few of the colors below...
Left to Right: Perfection/Sungloss (Duo), Clubbing/White Lies (Duo), Dazzle (Single), Hazelnut (Single).
I absolutely LOVED clubbing-- the sparkly black color- so I'm super glad to have it again! And Dazzle is also gorgeous.... a mauve with gold shimmer. So excited to start adding these in to my daily makeup routine! :)
By the way... out of curiosity I checked janecosmetics.com and this is the screen that came up!! I'm super excited that the brand is launching a new collection this summer! Type in your email address to be notified when it comes out! :)
- I'm not gonna lie, I want my weekend back. It was relaxing, fun, and very enjoyable.
- Tyler and I golfed yesterday... it went OK, but I'm not very consistent yet! We took some video of the experience for a future vlog.
- Speaking of vlogs for Beauty Vlogcast... would you like to see something on my favorite magazines? Maybe Tyler's too? I thought that might be fun.
- Still working hard on blush dupes... I have about 5, maybe 6 solid dupes. I'm trying to come up with more before I do a video on them.