Who says Walgreens isn't a good time on a Friday night? :)
Tyler and I went out to Chili's and then stopped in at Walgreens so he could look for some all-important floss picks and I could scope out the new makeup.
L'oreal products were "Buy 1 Get 1 50% off" - so I took advantage of that! All of the items I picked up are things I've never tried before!
- Ardell Double Up False Lashes #202... As you know, I love a good "drag queen lash" so these extra full lashes seemed to be right up my alley. They're longer on the outsides & super thick all over. I'll let you know how they work!
- Maybelline Porcelain Collection Lipstick in Afternoon Tea... There were only two of these special limited edition lipsticks left in the display, and after hearing some rave reviews, I decided to pick one up! The cap also has a unique feel... not the slick plastic you typically find. This one seemed like an everyday wearable neutral that's not "erase your lips" nude.
- L'oreal Infallible Eyeshadow in Smoldering Plum... After LOTS of questions about these Infallible eyeshadows- I finally decided to test one out! I'm not sure if this shade is limited edition or not- since it was in a special display. It almost seems like a loose pigment that is tamped down with a little stopper-type thingy... so it's made into more of a pressed color. They claim to wear for 24 hrs. This shade seemed to be a spitting image of my beloved MAC Beauty Marked- so I thought it'd be a safe pick!
- L'oreal True Match LUMI Healthy Luminous Makeup in True Beige... I was trying to decide between this and the new L'oreal BB Cream that was sitting nearby- but I figured I'd go with something that might offer a little more coverage & that I can hopefully get use out of for my daily news makeup. I have several new foundations I'm trying now-- Revlon Colorstay Whipped and Neutrogena's shine control makeup. I'll keep you posted on how they work. I haven't so much as swatched this new L'oreal one yet- so I'm not sure what to expect!
- L'oreal Colour Riche Lipsticks in Rose Taffeta and Pink Chashmere... As you can see- the packaging on these lipsticks is a bit different from the normal Colour Riche- and I can't remember the specific type these are- if you know, tell me! :) They're super creamy & seem like they'll be rather moisturizing!
Swatches of the lipsticks I picked up-- Maybelline Afternoon Tea, L'oreal Rose Taffeta, L'oreal Pink Chashmere
A closer look at the Infallible eyeshadow in Smoldering Plum...
Just as I thought- it looks a LOT like MAC Beauty Marked. Gorgeous plum with burgundy shimmer.
I also Instagrammed (emilynoel83) an outfit of the night! It's a dress I got from JC Penney a couple years ago... it has a built in bra AND a necklace-looking halter top! Woop woop! The sandals have a small wedge & are from Kohl's. The jeans jacket is from the Gap. As far as the makeup- here are a few key items... I used The Balm's Shady Lady palette, Kiss #03 falsies, The Balm Down Boy blush, and lips are L'oreal Project Runway lipstick in Sultry Raven's Pout (limited edition) and Bare Escentuals Buxom Big & Healthy Lip Stick in Tokyo to add just a little depth & definition.
- There's a new Shopping List Ideas video!
- I am SO glad it's Friday. Chillin' on the couch drinking some Pinot Grigio.
- Tyler & I compromised... he's watching US Open Golf, but has the volume down so I can play whatever music I want.
- Wanna hear some of my favorites on my ipod right now?! :)
- Beggin' -Phillip Phillips- American Idol
- Didn't You Know How Much I Loved You- Skylar Laine- American Idol
- The Wanted- Chasing the Sun
- We Run the Night- Havana Brown feat. Pitbull
- Fly Over States- Jason Aldean
- Lights- Ellie Goulding
- Too Close- Alex Clare
- 1901- Phoenix