Photo Courtesy amctv.com
As fans of Mad Men know, another season has come and gone! I watched the finale yesterday... I'm always a day behind with prime time TV due to my crazy work schedule & early bedtime. I don't want to give anything away to those who haven't seen it yet, so I won't discuss it in-depth. I'll simply say- Mad Men is my favorite show on television... it's set in the 1960's and not only is the acting amazing- but the hair/makeup/clothes are SO AWESOME. Here's a quick montage from this past season so you can see what I'm talking about (spoiler free)...
Photo Courtesy amctv.com
From the beauty standpoint, one of my favorites on the show is Joan, played by Christina Hendricks. Her look is characterized by rosy lips and cheeks, and a classic defined eye. It's something I'd classify as "natural glam"- and it works well on TV... so I sometimes adopt this look for the news! Here's what I did today... obviously I wasn't really trying to get her look with hair & outfit (top from Cato)- but her makeup look was what I was after... hope you like it!
What I used...
- Revlon Colorstay Whipped Foundation
- Dalton Conceal It Concealer
- Bare Minerals Summer Bisque
- NYX Stay Matte Not Flat Powder
- Revlon PhotoReady Bronzer in 100 Bronzed & Chic
- The Balm Hot Mama Blush
- The Balm Mary Lou Manizer (cheekbone highlight)
- Smashbox Shades of Fame Palette (See it here). Bliss (light cream) on the lid and brow bone, Nude (light brown) in the crease, Mocha (dark shimmery brown) in the outer corner.
- Wet n Wild Mega Liner in Black (slight wing- upper lashline)
- Maybelline Master Drama pencil in Midnight Master (smudged- lower lashline)
- Maybelline Mega Plush Volum Express Mascara
- Andrea Mod Lash #53
- Revlon Just Bitten Kissable Balm Stain in Romantic
- Bare Minerals 100% Natural Lip Gloss in Pomegranate
- Wished I could blog yesterday but worked a strange shift (anchored morning & evening)- and in between I pretty much only had time to edit my latest video, and watch the all-important Mad Men finale.
- Today I interviewed a 4-year-old for an upcoming story. She had more personality than you can imagine! And she saved her mother's life.
- Watching an hour of "At Home Salon" on QVC. Love that concept & they're showing some pretty cool things!
- My aqua Turbie Twist is an exact match for the tank top I'm wearing right now. I feel so cool. LOL.
- Here's what Cupcake is doing as I type this...