As much as I love sunless tanning- I sometimes run out of time!
I recently tried a product that can be a solution for that problem, or just something to give you a little extra glow. Beach Sexy Tinted Body Lotion from Victoria's Secret has golden shimmer as well as a bronze tint. Here are the different reasons why I reach for it...
1. If I'm wearing an outfit that exposes my arms or legs & I forgot to self tan the night before
2. If I did self tan, but it's not completely even everywhere... this helps to blur the lines (but isn't full coverage)
3. If I want sort of a dewy, highlighted look all over my skin
4. Travel. It's just the perfect, quick to apply, no-brainer finishing touch product when you're showing some skin. Just apply it like a lotion.
While the shimmer gives skin a slightly dewy look, it doesn't feel greasy... it just feels like a lotion, so therefore it is pretty moisturizing. One thing to keep in mind- this doesn't necessarily provide a lot of coverage that will mask significant imperfections on the skin. However the bronze tint is definitely evident. It's also a decent amount of shimmer- so if you dislike that, you might want to steer clear of this. Something I'm really happy about-- this doesn't seem to come off on my clothes! :)
With lotion on the left, without on the right
If you DO want some bronzy coverage, lets say, on your legs... as I mentioned in my latest self tanner video- try Sally Hansen airbrush legs, and mix it with a little moisturizer in your hands, then spread it on. This product acts more like a body makeup & can truly mask flaws... it might have a little glow (I use a shade called Deep Glow), but not near the shimmer that the Victoria's Secret kind does.
- Who is keeping up with the Bachelorette this season? I'm not always into it, but this season I'm very intrigued!
- After shooting this week's Unsung Hero story, my director Josue and I got some fresh baked jalapeno cheese bread for a Mexican bakery-- it was amazing.
- I recently discovered I've been toting around 3 differenet containers of mints in my purse. Time to clean it out! Although I need to keep some, especially if this jalapeno bread habit continues.
- My Mally Gel Nail manicure is still holding up beautifully! I did it Sunday & it's supposed to stay on 2 weeks. I'll keep you posted!
- A co-worker drew a picture of me yesterday. I'd show it, but it's still at work.The lashes are big, the lips are big, and the hair is big. Pretty accurate!! :D
Every now and then, my mom will pass along a clipping from our local newspaper. This one reminds you to appreciate the small things in life...
because when it comes down to it- they are actually BIG things to be happy for!