Hey everyone! Just the other day I got in a little haul of some new ELF products (if you'd like to see a video on it, let me know!) One of the things I picked up was the Pout Perfecter from the studio line. It's $3, and comes in one shade- Glow. I was intrigued by the claims behind the product... the site says it'll give you more volumized, fuller lips with an optical illusion. In other words- while it won't literally plump your lips- the shine will give them a fuller look. You're advised only to apply it to the center of your lower lip, because if you use it all over, you'll lose the effect.
Pout Perfecter as it hits the light- very reflective.
Highlighting the center part of the lower lip is a technique I often use with Revlon Super Lustrous lip gloss in Foiled.. but this product has much more sparkle. It reminds me a lot of NYX Mega Shine Gloss in Cosmo... but with MORE sparkle. I was actually concerned about how much it had just by looking at the packaging, but when I tried it on the lips, I really liked the look! It's very reflective and works on top of a variety of different colors...
Excuse the orange lighting on these pics- I took them in front of our mirror at work. In the top pic, I'm wearing the Pout Perfecter over the Revlon Just Bitten Kissable Balm Stain in Lovesick, a bold magenta color. It gave a pretty, brightened look in the center of the lower lip, and staying power was really nice!
In this picture, I'm wearing Pout Perfecter on the lower lip- over MAC Viva Glam V, which is a much more neutral lip color. As you can see, the Pout Perfecter still pops! :)
If this product was just an average shiny gloss marketed as "pout perfecter"- I wouldn't really see the need for it. But it definitely has a level of shine/sparkle that goes beyond other glosses I own, so I do see the value in its "specialized" purpose. I also like that it doesn't feel goopy on the lips. If you're going to add the extra layer on top of whatever gloss or lipstick you're wearing, you don't want it to feel annoying. So I give this a thumbs up! :)
- I made some delightful, easy little appetizers for a potluck-style party on Friday night. Click here to see the recipe for Jalapeno Popper Crescent Bites! (thank you, Pinterest)
- On the topic of food- check out my apple pie video with mom!
- Still on the topic of food... I did some grocery shopping today & the store was eerily calm... it was so nice.
- I am drinking the Vitamin Water that called Glow that claims to give you good skin (Vitamins A, C, & E). Who knows if it really will, but it tastes awesome!
- I really don't know how I lived without the Turbie Twist. It gets tons of moisture out of my hair after a shower, and it stays on my head sooo much easier than a giant towel.
- Excited for a wedding coming up this weekend!