Red Apple Lipstick Review & Giveaway!
Hello my friends!
Super exciting blog post here! It's not only a review, but also a giveaway- EXCLUSIVELY on my blog for fantastic blog readers! :)
It's all about line of makeup called "Red Apple Lipstick"...
the brand actually offers liners, glosses, and even eyeshadows.
The company contacted me to review their products, and after I browsed their website-
I realized that there are several things that make this brand different...
--Products are lab-tested gluten free
--Products are paraben free
--Products are also soy-free and vegan
One of my new beauty goals is to better educate myself on ingredients in the products I'm using. One thing I've known for quite some time is that sensitivity to gluten is very common in our world! Many people are eating gluten free, and I know that's no small task! (Tyler tried to do it for awhile last year). If you're going to all that effort- you may be interested in a beauty product that's also gluten free. Granted, the prices for these products are not cheap ($20 to $25 for many of these products)- but if gluten free, paraben free products are a priority for you, it's worth it. I happen to KNOW that this is a priority for many people who watch my videos or read my blog, so I really wanted to give these products a try. As you'll see in my swatches- the quality is superb, and I wish I had a way for you to FEEL how comfortable these lipsticks are on the lips. They manage to hydrate, but feel incredibly light. It's a rather unique combination in a lip product!
Gluten-free Waterproof Lip Pencil in Blush ($21)
This lip pencil is EXTREMELY long-wearing and this particular color can work with pretty much ANY lipstick or gloss as a long-wearing base. I even wore it alone in the picture below- it's a nice color & I think the name "blush" describes it well. While this feels much more dry on the lips than the lipsticks in this line, I would sort of expect it to- since this is a longer-wearing product. Also, you don't have to sharpen it- the product twists up from the bottom.
Photo of me wearing just the Blush lip liner! I like to fill in the entire lip area pretty much anytime I wear a lip liner.
Gluten-free Lipsticks in Sunkissed, Strawberry, and Red! ($17.50 to $23.50)
These are the stars of the show! :) My favorite products that I've tried from this line are the lipsticks- by far! They go on smooth with exceptional pigmentation, and continue to feel comfortable on your lips as you wear them. I have several bold shades and I noticed that the Strawberry & Red even left a bit of a stain on my lips even after a majority of the color wore off, which was nice! As you can see, none of these shades contain glitter or frost... they're just creamy, bold colors.
This orange color is not playing around! I'd like to note that this was just one pass around my lips... the color just builds up instantly. What you see is what you get!
This is the most universal shade that I tried. It applies more sheer that it appears in the tube, which I was happy about! I like that it's not overly pink OR brown. It's the lip color that could fit with pretty much any outfit/makeup look.
Yes- the label actually gives this color an exclamation point- and for good reason! This is a very bright, blue-based red. I should've shown my teeth in this pic- since this kind of red actually makes your teeth appear whiter! I really think everyone needs to own a red lipstick.
Gluten-free Lip Gloss in Metropolis ($18.50)
Not only is Metropolis the home of Superman, it's a classic pink gloss! While I didn't notice much of a scent on the other products, this one seems just slightly sweet. It has sort of a large, flat form of a doe-foot applicator and has a wet shine. It's not at all sticky, yet it doesn't have that oily, slide right off your lips feel. Still, in my experience- the staying power with this is not as good as the lipsticks. At least with this shade, when the gloss is gone, it's gone. The lipsticks seemed to leave some nice color behind, which was nice. Still- the freshly applied appearance on the lips is gorgeous. This pink is not frosty in the least- just creamy, classic pink. I always feel like I look younger in shades like this!
- Take a look around Red Apple lipstick's website, and find one (1) single product (not a set) that you would like to have!
- Post the name of the product in the comments section of THIS blog post!
- You have one week to do this! The giveaway will end on Monday, August 6th at 10 a.m. central time.
- At that point, I'll do another blog post announcing TWO winners! I'll get your mailing info and Red Apple Lipstick will send your prize! Thank you Red Apple Lipstick!
- Giveaway is open internationally!
Something for Everyone!
- If you want to place an order at Red Apple Lipstick from now to August 15th, use the discount code BROADCAST when you check out! You'll save 15% on your entire order!
- I had the day off today- it's been NICE! :)
- I'm on a new website where you basically do tweets in video form... it's called Tout and I'll be posting little 15 second videos every so often! Check it out
- Cupcake has appeared in 2 Tout videos so far :)
- I have a lot of makeup brush cleaning ahead of me this afternoon.
- Goldfish are now being made in a S'mores version- chocolate & graham flavor plus little fish-shaped marshmallows!
- Just watched my girl Mally on QVC!