Thanks for stopping by my blog! :) As a lip product lover, I wanted to share a simple tip inspired by a very simple product that I'm loving right now! Over time I've realized that using just one shade on your lips can make them look rather flat. Think about how often we contour and add blush to our cheeks, or highlight and define our eyes with shadow? The lips have a beautiful shape that you can show off just by combining a couple of colors... or as I like to call it, making your own "lip cocktail"...
Clearly I was feeling fancy and felt like making a fun graphic! While I used the CoverGirl Blast Flipstick, you can really combine any separate colors- have fun with it! Use liners and glosses as well and you'll find that even a small lip product collection will expand into a variety of new looks when you mix and match them. The nice thing about these Flipsticks (and I've picked up several from the drugstore), is that the colors are nicely coordinated. The one drawback is that sometimes they can look a bit frosty, or even a little dry. In that case, top the whole look with a sheer gloss and you'll still maintain the effect. Here's a look at the other colors I have, applied with the same pattern...
I really enjoy all of the shades, but my favorites are probably Vixen and Smooch. Perky is just a bit too purple-toned for my liking, but can still be fun for a dramatic look. I find that the staying power with these is actually pretty good, and I'd definitely recommended to someone who feels a little intimidated by the "lip cocktail" concept. This way you have the color combo already chosen for you!
- Cupcake has gotten quite interested in sleeping in the bathroom. If there's a towel or robe left out, she's on it!
- Where did fall go? It's like 80 degrees here today.
- The Cardinals play again tonight- it's do or die for the World Series!!
- Just had the awesome realization that there's leftover pizza in the fridge :)
- This is pretty darn exciting & thank you @lynndmc for tweeting me this picture! This display is turning up in Walgreens stores all over! Check out Lynn- she has a cooking channel on YouTube that I just discovered! Mashed sweet potatoes? Yes, please! :)