New Wet n Wild Glassy Glosses
Hi everyone! Just wanted to show you a couple of drugstore finds that I forgot to include in my most recent video. I found these in a special display in Walgreens, which also contained the new 8-pan palettes. (It was one of those end of the aisle displays, different from the shelf display I initially found the palettes in). Anyway, there were several new shades of Glassy Gloss- and I assume they're limited edition. These are the two that most appealed to me...
The golden shade is called Frost Bitten and the red is A Glass of Shine. I don't remember the exact price, but I think these are usually $1.99. In case you're not familiar with these glosses, there are a number of them that are part of the regular line (here's a review on those), and they're actually referred to as lip gels. ALL shades in these glosses are super shiny, but they can vary in terms of how opaque they are. These two glosses are a perfect example...
As you can see, the golden shade is very sheer with fine golden shimmer, and the red is a really rich, deep, opaque color.
The gold obviously adds a lot of shine, but color-wise, it just gives a slightly golden glow to the lips. As a whole, it's mainly my natural lip color showing through. This is the type of gloss that I'd use more as a layering product over lipsticks or lip liners. I'm not wild about how it looks on its own, so I don't think it's an absolute must-have.
I think the red is STUNNING. I mean, wow. I love this shade so much. While I loosely call it "red", it's really a nice deep wine color that is just phenomenal for the holidays. It has knockout shine, as well as full color. The one drawback is that you have to be careful on the application- just smearing it on your lips from the squeeze tube does not give enough precision. I applied some to the lips, then evened it out with a lip brush and I was very happy with the end result. I also like that while these glosses aren't sticky at all, they're also not runny so I don't feel like I need to worry about this shade running outside the lip line & getting sloppy once it's on. Any red lip you wear tends to be a bit more high maintenance to keep looking fresh throughout the day/evening... but I think this shade is worth it :)
Just wanted to give you a heads up on those new glosses! Thanks for stopping by my blog :)
- What an exhausting week it has been!
- My co-anchor Kevin and I have been preparing 2 dance routines for a fundraiser this weekend. Instead of some sort of slow, ballroom dance- we are going for a couple of high energy numbers. If nothing else, it will be FUNNY! :) I'll have Tyler take some video of it.
- You know my sister's incredible watercolor paintings? Well now they're available on all sorts of things!! I am SO doing some Christmas shopping on her new site! Gorgeous art on mugs, journals, bags, and COMPACTS?! Yes please! Good prices too :)
- Agenda for the remainder of the evening: shower, gel nails, apple cider, and time with Tyler.
- P.S... tomorrow is Friday!