I've said more than a few times that I love jumbo lip pencils, so I've been thrilled to see more drugstore brands like Revlon, ELF, and now Cover Girl coming out with them. Of course they can't have a brief name... Cover Girl calls them "Lip Perfection Jumbo Gloss Balm."
The product claims to give "sheer color, soft shine." Frankly, I think my deeper shade gives pretty full color! Both give just a subtle shine. Texture-wise... they're a little less moisture packed than Tarte Lipsurgence or Revlon's lip butters, but seem to have a little more moisture than Revlon's Just Bitten Kissable Balm Stains. These Cover Girl jumbo pencils don't seem to last quite as long on my lips as the Balm Stains do. Similar to most jumbo pencils these days, you don't sharpen them, but instead twist the bottom to get more product.
The shade names must have been on the wrappers, which are long gone at this point. But the lighter one is #210 and the deeper is #255.
For some reason, this pink (#210) seems to have just a little more peachy tone when I see it on my lips in person, but either way, it's a very pretty color.
The berry shade (#255) is my favorite of the two. Love how saturated the color is! Please excuse my strange expression LOL!
Bottom line: I enjoy these new jumbo pencils! They're very comfortable on the lips, and while the staying power isn't amazing- I never really mind refreshing my lip product after a meal or lots of talking or whatever. I'd be interested in trying some other shades. The one downside to these twist-up jumbo pencils is that eventually, they lose their pointed tip- and because you're not sharpening them, they remain kind of rounded-off after awhile. Still definitely usable, but just something to keep in mind.
P.S. If you're interested in the makeup I'm wearing in this post, stay tuned for my next tutorial video!
- Shot a vlog this morning while Cupcake was acting out. It just uploaded!
- Thumbs up for Candy Cane Hershey's Kisses
- I got to watch X-Factor live last night with Tyler sitting beside me and Cupcake on my lap. This is gonna sound cheesy, but at one point it brought tears to my eyes. Living "normally" is something that hasn't happened for me in a long time. I am loving this :)
- I can also listen to my iPod music out loud & sing along and nobody cares! Current favorite songs: Taylor Swift's "I Knew You Were Trouble", Rihanna's "Diamonds", Pitbull's "Don't Stop the Party", and Sarah Darling's "Home to Me".
- Fun Fact- I found out Sarah Darling is following me on Twitter! OMG :) I asked her if she'd do a little beauty Q&A with me. Still waiting... but feel free to encourage her! :)