FOTD: My Classic Look (with some new products)
Hello friends! Do you tend to have that "classic" look that is your go-to when you just want to look your best? A look that you know works for you no matter what? This is my classic look. It's really basic, but overall, the color and techniques that I use are some of my favorites on me. Nothing is overly flashy from the color perspective, but with some brightness on lips, a rosy blush, and full lashes- it's a little bit glam.
In my constant quest for trying new products, I added some different things into my "classic" look today, along with some old favorites. I've marked products that are new (or at least new to me) with an asterisk* so you know what things you can expect reviews on!
For the face...
-Mally Perfect Prep Primer
-Revlon Nearly Naked Foundation in Nude*
-Revlon PhotoReady Concealer in Light/Medium
-Revlon Nearly Naked Pressed Powder in Light*
-Essence Sun Club Matte Bronzer in Sunny
-NARS Dolce Vita Blush*
The eye look is totally matte, using some really basic neutrals. It just enhances the natural contours/structure of the eye, without anything overly smokey/dramatic. I think this eye look is appropriate for people of all ages, and it could look good with or without the added eyelashes... but we all know this girl loves her falsies!
For the eyes...
-Too Faced Shadow Insurance Primer
-The Balm Meet Matt(e) Palette using the 3 neutrals across the top. Used Matt Smith on the lid & brow bone, Matt Gallagher in the crease, then layered Matt Ramirez in the outer part of the crease, and smudged it on the lower lashline as well.
-The Balm Schwing Black Liquid Liner
-Cover Girl Clump Crusher Mascara
-Maybelline Lash Discovery Mascara (lower lashes)
-Tarte EmphasEYES Inner Rim Brightener*
-Milani Brow Tint Pen in Dark Brown*
-Salon Perfect Demi Wispies False Eyelashes
For the lips...
-Revlon Lip Butter in Red Velvet
-Revlon Colorburst Gloss in Rosepearl
As you can see, I'm testing out Revlon's new foundation and powder called "Nearly Naked"... this is my third time applying it, and so far, I feel like it's less coverage than other Revlon foundations, yet it's very blendable and from what I can tell so far, it seems to have good staying power like some of the other Revlon foundations we know & love. I'll definitely be reviewing these in the near future!
Meanwhile... how would you describe your "classic" look?
- Posting my first "empties" video today! So excited!
- Had so much fun Saturday night when Kalee & Jonathan dropped by to stay with us. We have a blast together and have planned another Nashville trip for next month! :)
- It is such a dreary day outside... but my Christmas decorations are making it feel pretty bright and cheerful in here.
- Tyler is shooting a commercial today for the law firm he works at... I told him- no monotone voice and no monotone face! Expression is key! :) Can't wait to see how it turns out.
- Now I'm kicking myself... this may have been a good opportunity to do his makeup... LOL