Seems like a long time since I've written a blog on here that wasn't a run down of my Emily Award winning products! I want to send a huge thank you to everyone who took time to watch and share a kind comment... these videos require so much work but it is so fulfilling to find that people really look forward to them and enjoy watching them! I hope the blog posts listing the products were useful to you as well... I think those posts are easier to print off or refer to on your phone when you're out shopping.
Anyway, the point of this post is to point out the key products from each of my "looks" in the Emily Awards series. I believe someone came up with the idea during last week's Beauty Broadcast Live Ustream show (by the way, that's happening again Thursday morning at 9am CST!) From lip gloss to eyeshadow- I've had a lot of questions about what I was wearing- so here ya go! :)
This look was overall pretty natural... until you see the liner & lashes :)
I kept the hair pretty simple as well- I just did a side part and curled the ends away from my face.
Blush: The Balm Frat Boy
Eyes: LORAC Pro Palette- Lt. Bronze, Pewter, and Espresso
Lips: Mally High Shine Liquid Lip Color in Mally's Look
Obviously if you're doing a video all about eye products- you want the eyes to steal the show!
That's what I was trying to do anyway in this video. I used my bun maker for a casual updo.
Blush: The Balm Frat Boy (this is also in the Balm Jovi palette)
Eyes: The Balm Rockstar Palette - Balm Jovi- Adagio, Alice Copper, Moderato, Presto
Lips: NYX Mega Shine Lip Gloss in Pink Rose
As a whole, I was channeling the looks I saw on the Golden Globes in this video. I saw lots of old school, glamorous curls, so I figured- why not try that with my hair!
I put my hair in velcro rollers then pulled it all to one side. Makeup-wise, I went for more of a simple, low maintenance eye with no liner in the waterline, and really not much happening on the lower lashline at all. I still went with big lashes, and a light pink lip.
Blush: Physician's Formula Happy Booster Blush- Natural
Eyes: L'oreal Infallible Shadow- Bronzed Taupe and Smoked Plum (just a little on the outer corner)
Lips: Neutrogena Moisture Smooth Color Stick in Sweet Watermelon
It's amazing how a deeper lip color can change the tone of a whole look!
After going with pink lips for the other videos, I opted for not only a deeper lip, but a pretty intense eye as well (excuse my awkward screen shots). I curled my hair all over and went with a center part for something different.
Blush: The Balm Down Boy
Eyes: The Balm Shady Lady Vol. 1 - light pink, purple, navy
Lips: Neutrogena Moisture Smooth Color Stick in Rich Raisin
- We are currently without heat in the house! My little Duraflame is doing a good job for us though. Repairman yesterday didn't seem to have a clear idea of what was wrong, and another guy came today. Looks like we'll probably be getting a whole new heating system. Oh joy.
- Went to Wal-Mart and didn't expect to find Drew Barrymore's Flower makeup line- but I did! Wowza! I bought some things to review.
- I'm trying to reply to tweets and I'm incredibly behind due to Emily Awards consuming so much of my time for the past week. Twitter won't let me get back to some tweets from about a week ago that I was trying to answer. So if your question from last week didn't get answered- feel free to ask again.
- I have put together a blooper/highlights video for the Emily Awards :)
- Made chicken enchiladas for dinner- they were delightful!
- Time for American Idol!!