Hello friends! When I posted my video highlighting various holiday palettes, there was a lot of interest in the Carried Away set from Tarte. So I thought I'd use it for today's makeup look!
The set comes in a great roll-up bag, and contains lip glosses, an eyeshadow palette, a brush, a blush, a finishing powder, and mascara. For a closer look at those things, check out the video I linked to above!
The eyeshadow palette has been lots of fun to play with! As you can see, there are many different looks you can create, and with the shadows divided into quads, it's easy to visualize how to use them- not that you can't mix it up and play with different colors.
I went for a dusty lavender look using mostly this quad. I went all over the lid with the shade in the upper right, and highlighted the inner corner with the light sparkly shade on the upper left. I used the deep matte purple in the outer corner, the crease, and under the eye, and blended out the border of the dark shade with the golden/lavender color on the lower left. I did a light highlight under the brow with a light pink elsewhere in the palette.
For the rest of the eyes I used Maybelline Master Drama eyeliner in Midnight Master (black) on the upper lashline and the waterline. I finished off the look with Tarte's MultiplEYE lash primer and Cover Girl Clump Crusher mascara. Then I used Maybelline Lash Discovery mascara on the lower lashes.
I absolutely LOVE the Amazonian Clay blush that's included in this kit. It's a gorgeous rose color with a little bit of shimmer called Adventurous.
I layered a couple of the Tarte Maracuja lip glosses- these shades are creamy with no shimmer. They're kind of sheer but really shiny. The mauve shade is called Jena and the more neutral/nude color is Casey.
Hope you enjoyed the look! I think these shades of purple are really easy to wear... instead of being a really pure purple shade, they have a little softer tone. These Tarte shadows do have some fallout, so it's important to tap off your brush when you apply them, but other than that, they are very easy to blend and are really nicely pigmented.
- BlogTV failed on me this morning for Beauty Broadcast Live! Wouldn't even detect my Macbook's webcam. I'll be looking into a new way to broadcast live.
- I feel like I've been blowing my nose non-stop this afternoon.
- Posted my chili recipe on Beauty Vlogcast!
- I tweeted about this yesterday- but I am so hooked on Justified!! OMG. My parents had been watching it and they were here during the season premiere a couple nights ago. I saw that and loved it and have now started watching season 1.
- Cupcake has gotten in the habit of going wild in the morning and then sleeping the afternoon away. I snapped this pic of her earlier right after she calmed down :)