Just wanted to share an eye look that I was playing with over the weekend. I love using bright colors here and there, but I also have sort of an obsession with neutrals. Maybe it's just the comfort that even a dramatic look using neutrals doesn't seem too "crazy"? Whatever the case, I found a new quad at Wal-Mart and used it for this look.
First off, for face products I used Estee Lauder Double Wear Foundation and a little bit of the Double Wear concealer. I'm also wearing some Essence Sun Club bronzer and Neutrogena Custom Glow Blush & Bronzer in Posie Glow (shown in the picture). I absolutely love the peachy colored blush, and with this look I just swirled my brush over both the blush and the bronzer for a really natural look.
For lips I'm wearing my one and only Yves Saint Laurent Rouge Volupte Perle in 101 Beige Caress (shown in the picture). I don't love the slightly gritty texture of this, but it does look really nice on the lips. On my eyes I used the limited edition Maybelline Eye Studio quad in Natural Shock. As you can see, it's not super wild and different, but if basics are what you're after and you like borderline metallic shimmer, you might really enjoy this!
For my look I used the lightest shade around the inner corner, and the peachy shade all over the lid. That peach color is MUCH prettier than this picture gives it credit for. It has a beautiful texture and finish. I gave the crease a bit more of an "edge" than usual with the medium brown... you can see from the pic, it's not quite as diffused and blended out as I might normally do it. I love the warmth and almost coppery tone of this color. I also used some of that shade under the eye and loved the effect. The sparkle really does seem to show when you pack it on. I used the dark brown in my outer corner and the outer part of the lower lashline. I love the texture of these shadows- they seem to blend really effortlessly into each other. I lined my waterline and upper lashline, applied mascara, and then a set of Salon Perfect Demi Wispies false lashes.
- I am incredibly excited about a new feature I'm working on for the Beauty Broadcast family! I think you're going to absolutely love it. It's under construction now and I'm not sure exactly when it'll be ready to go, but when it is, you'll know! :)
- Ever since I was a kid, I've loved to see clouds move across the sky. This is one of those days where the sun is just going in and out all the time.
- I'm getting a bird feeder for the backyard so Cupcake can do some bird watching from her little spot where she likes to look outside. Nothing beats a little live entertainment, right?
- Still haven't finished that incredibly hard puzzle Tyler's mom brought down when she visited over the weekend. I know you were anxiously awaiting an update :)
- New video coming tomorrow morning! woop woop!